Millions of people all over the world today are looking for jobs. Most of them are youths, who are sick, tired, and almost confused because of idleness. Christians among them are crying, praying and almost blaming God and people for their predicaments. However, the truth is that God did not create anyone on earth without provisions for what to do. God demonstrated this when He gave Adam work to do.
“And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shall not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shall surely die”(Genesis 2:15-17).
Men have had work since the beginning of time thanks to God. The earth’s vast fields are large enough for all men to work. God, however, intends for each individual to fulfill a specific mission while here on earth. There is always a garden to dress and a job to keep. When Jesus came to earth, He did not waste time looking for jobs or doing every other job that was advertised. He went about doing what God called Him to do. What has God called you to do on earth?
Related Book in this Post
“And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers. And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? Behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them how is it that ye sought me. Wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?”(Luke 2:46-49).
Jesus arrived at His job just in time. He was listening to the doctors and posing questions to them while he was among them. Jesus accepted parental care even though He was aware of His calling until He was old enough to begin His ministry fully. His parents looked after Him and showed him how to live and work.
Unfortunately, many young ministers have abandoned schools without acquiring enough training because they discovered their calling early. That was not what Jesus did. Jesus submitted to His parents until it was right time for Him to start His ministry. He was obedient to His parents and elders. He increased in wisdom, stature and favor with God and man. Before He started His ministry, He allowed the Holy Ghost to lead Him into times of prayers for an open heaven.
“Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered”(Luke 3:21-22; 4:1-2).
Related Book in this Post
Jesus did not launch into ministry directly from His parent’s care and training even though He had all the qualifications, wisdom and training to do so. He surrendered to the Holy Spirit first, who led Him to pray. He submitted to John the Baptist to be baptized in water. His heaven opened and God spoke, the Holy Spirit descended upon Him as a dove before He was ready for His ministry.
Prayer Points for Job Attainment
- O Lord, give me a job that will provide all my needs and help me fulfill my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, raise people that will help me get an excellent job, in the name of Jesus.
- Every curse that is placed upon my certificate, I remove you by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, empower my curriculum vitae to be preferred above others, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, give me an job that will make me a better Christian, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil personality that is blocking my job is removed, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, retire or sack any stubborn enemy that is blocking my employment, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, cleanse any evil mark that was placed on my forehead, in the name of Jesus.
- I disgrace evil personalities that are sitting upon my job, in the name of Jesus.
- I command any evil personality that is sitting upon my job to be unseated, in the name of Jesus.