“Obedience is better than sacrifice” goes without saying. Even as a child, when you don’t heed the words of your parents, they tend to react not too kindly towards you, and they may even withdraw certain things from you. At other times, they may punish you. In the same way, we’re God’s children, and when we refuse to listen to and obey his instructions, we may unknowingly block our access to certain favours. This can close our heaven. Disobedience is often motivated by pride, a sense of accomplishment in oneself and in one’s possessions, among other things, but what happens when you refuse to obey?
God made known in the Scriptures that He will appoint terror, consumption and burning ague that consumes the eye over those who despise or disobey Him (See Leviticus 26:16). Disobedience to God’s Word is the primary reason for sorrows of heart and profitless hard labours that have filled the world today. When a person’s heaven is closed, his enemies eat from the fruits of his labour.
God can depart from such persons. Their enemies will defeat them even in minor battles. Enemies of such people are usually much and they always suffer from hatred and rejection. They become servants to their supposed servants. Such people fear easily over nothing and feelings of insecurity overwhelm them.
The punishment for refusing to obey God’s Word and keep His commandments will be multiplied sevenfold (See Leviticus 26:18). Everything that will happen to disobedient people has been outlined and written down by God so that no one will have any excuse.
“And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass: And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits“Leviticus 26:19-20
Related books in this post
When someone’s heaven is closed, he ends up performing below divine expectation and his or her destiny stands the risk of being aborted. Such a person will remain unavailable for God’s reach at all times. Notice how irrelevant Saul became when he disobeyed God; he probably thought that he would impress God by bringing back the loot. You cannot impress God with your actions. What he does need is your unreserved obedience. Interestingly, all God asks from us are what will benefit us in the long run.
The reverse is the case when your heaven is open. An open-heaven can bring all manner of blessings and stop stress. Your entire life radiates with the glory of God. Fervent prayers such as these will help you eliminate the strongholds that seek to seal the doors of your heaven at every point of your day.
Prayers to Command your Morning, Day and Night
- Heavenly Father, deliver me from the grip of household wickedness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every angel of darkness assisting my household enemies, fall and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I cut off heads of my uncompromising enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- Any foreign hand that has vowed to poison my life, catch fire and wither, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, flow into my life and neutralize every evil deposit by Your power, in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, let Your words rule and reign over my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let God intervene and deliver me today, in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, by Your power, move me away from destruction, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, empower me supernaturally tonight, in the name of Jesus.
- Every stronghold of the enemy, working against my life, be pulled down, in the name of Jesus.