So many people refused to welcome Christ into their marriages because of how they lived their lives. However, what most people do not know is that when you break the spiritual principle of marriage according to the law of God, the wine of your marriage finishes.
“And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder”(Matthew 19:4-6).
Jesus cannot approve of your marriage if you are already married and also intend to take a second wife while your first wife is still alive per the law. Because God intended marriage to be between one man and one wife, your second marriage is still prohibited. Your second marriage is still prohibited even if you are wealthy enough to have an extravagant wedding feast with countless dignitaries from around the globe. Even if you please everyone with gifts and get them drunk, your marriage’s wine will eventually run out. You wouldn’t have the elements that keep marriages strong in your marriage. Your marriage won’t work if you disregard God’s instructions.
“Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge”(Hebrew 13:4).
Related Book in this Post
God’s ultimate plan for marriage was to make it honorable and complete. If you are a married person that sleeps around with other people outside your marriage, you are defiling your marital bed and God promised to judge whoremongers and all adulterers including you. God has a way of judging people eventually. Likewise, when you enter into the house of God and begin to commit immorality, you are drinking your marriage wine in sin. When a woman gets pregnant or a man impregnates a woman outside marriage, they have humiliated God’s name. Similarly, when you sleep with someone’s daughter without first marrying her, you are drinking the wine of marriage without permission. It is sinful and brings a curse because you have blasphemed the name of God and broken a holy tradition. Marrying without your parents’ consent also amounts to breaking God’s law. There is no peace for lawbreakers.
“Thou shalt not remove thy neighbor’s landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance, which thou shalt inherit in the land that the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it”(Deuteronomy 19:14).
“Cursed be he that removeth his neighbor’s landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen”(Deuteronomy 27:17).
Marriage is an ancient landmark. Therefore, you cannot relegate God to the background in the issue of marriage. If you remove your neighbors’ landmark, you get a curse. Churches have their tradition of conducting marriages. Likewise, different communities and tribes have their own ways of conducting marriages. You must observe all these in accordance to God’s Word. It is not wrong for you to observe traditions, except that which is contrary to your faith and pure conscience. Where God’s authority is lifted up, traditions or church customs bow and cease. No church or family custom should require anything that contradicts God’s Word in the course of your marriage.
“But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye”(Acts 4:19).
“Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men”(Acts 5:29).
God approves of your marriage with the blessing of your parents and the church. Anything worthwhile to accomplish is worthwhile to do well. Marriage’s wine often runs its course in many families for a variety of reasons. Your marriage’s wine may run out sooner if you marry someone with whom you do not have a common religion or other values.
Related Book in this Post
“Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son”(Deuteronomy 7:3).
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?”(2 Corinthians 6:14).
It is often detrimental to marry outside your faith without God’s leading. You need God’s leading to marry the person God wants you to marry. Someone who is suitable for another person may not necessarily be suitable for you as well. God knows how to make the best choice for you. However, when you hurriedly make a choice for yourself without God’s direction, your marriage’s wine may finish eventually.
It is very dangerous to marry someone who is an unbeliever. This is because two cannot walk together if they do not agree. This issue is very critical because there is no room for divorce in God’s New Testament book. Sex outside marriage or living as a husband and wife before a legal marriage is having a fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness. All these things can cause the wine in marriages to drain.
“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret”(Ephesians 5:11-12).
“For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds”(2 John 11).
These lifestyles bring shame to families and cause marriages to collapse. Any marriage that starts with sin and disobedience to God’s Word will definitely suffer terrible attacks.
Prayers for Marriages in Distress
- Any witch or wizard that is expanding problems in my marriage, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- I divert the rain of affliction that was channeled into my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil eye that is observing my marriage, become blind, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil personality that has hijacked love and peace in my marriage, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, destroy witchcraft handwritings upon my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I break the backbone of marriage destroyers for the sake of my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic arrow that was fired at my marriage, I fire you back, in the name of Jesus.
- Any demonic spy that is spying on my marriage, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the fire of God burn evil deposits in my marriage to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
- I break evil covenants that are working against my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, deliver my marriage from spirit of death and hell, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the spirit of tragedy to be cast out of my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let curses placed that were upon my marriage expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any spirit of coffin that is attacking my marriage be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Every messenger of poverty and lack in my marriage, die with your message, in the name of Jesus.
- Every agent that is on an assignment to destroy my marriage, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil mouth that has opened to swallow my marriage, close forever, in the name of Jesus.
- Any satanic minister that is ministering against my marriage, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Let death swallow any power that is resisting the progress of my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the blood of Jesus remove every evil mark placed upon my marriage, in the name of Jesus.