When a believer backslides, he breaks his covenant relationship with God. He is no longer in covenant with God. It would be difficult for God to reach that believer for healing. His prayers cannot be answered until he repents and returns to God.
“Behold, ye trust in lying words that cannot profit. Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not; And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, we are delivered to do all these abominations. Is this house, which is called by my name, becomes a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD”(Jeremiah 7:8-11).
Related books in this post
Many backsliders are deceived to believe that their prayers can be answered without true repentance and restitution. Millions of people are praying all over the world but only few receive answers. It is strange to believe that thieves, murderers and adulterers would continue in sin and insist that God answers their prayers. God demands repentance before praying for blessings or healing.
“Then came the word of the LORD of hosts unto me, saying, Speak unto all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, When ye fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh month, even those seventy years, did ye at all fast unto me, even to me? And when ye did eat, and when ye did drink, did not yet eat for you, and drink for yourselves? Should ye not hear the words, which the LORD hath cried by the former prophets, when Jerusalem was inhabited and in prosperity, and the cities thereof round about her, when men inhabited the south and the plain? And the word of the LORD came unto Zechariah, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother: oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart”(Zechariah 7:4-10).
Some people believe that the number of times they pray determines how God would answer their prayers. This is not true. Others are deceived to believe that when they hire a prayer contractor, God will answer them immediately and heal them. However, God made it clear that if you are an oppressor, liar, or you are living in sin, you need to repent first and then pray. God will answer and show mercy and compassion to repented sinners. More so, when you continue praying without repentance, the devil may answer your prayers and deceive you forever. Another group of people is unrelenting sinners who have refused to repent and yet they pray and expect God to hear them.
“But as many as received him, to them gave the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spoke, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me”(John 1:12-15).
“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come”(Matthew 24:14).
Related books in this post
You have to take the first step, which is to receive Christ and He empowers you to become part of His kingdom. Then you would benefit from His covenant of healing. You have to become a son before you can benefit from a father’s will. Sadly, many people do not consider this important step.
“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him”(1 John 5:14-15).
Without entering into covenant with God through Christ, God may not answer your prayers for healing and any other answer for your healing has no godly foundation. Any healing, deliverance or freedom that lacks absolute commitment to Christ as Savior is useless and temporal. If you have sin in your heart and refuse to repent, and yet pray for healing, the Lord will not answer you no matter how long you pray or who prays for you.
Prayers Against Sicknesses
- Let the stripes of Jesus confront and conquer every sickness and disease in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I put my head on the cross of Calvary to drink and bath with the blood of Jesus for my healing, in the name of Jesus.
- I attack every problem in my life with the precious blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Let promises of God for my sound health begin to manifest, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, burn the forces of evil against my deliverance, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the Word of God and the name of Jesus protect me against sickness, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give my body, soul and spirit true divine health and freedom today, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my body carry the power that is in the name of Jesus for my healing today, in the name of Jesus.
- Every other name that is contending against my healing, bow and surrender to Christ’s name, in the name of Jesus.
- Every witchcraft embargo that was placed upon my healing is lifted by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil leg that is standing against my healing and health, break to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- Let evil darkness that is surrounding my divine health die immediately, in the name of Jesus.
- Every curse that was placed upon my health, expire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower my body to discharge every sickness and disease, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every area of my life to miscarry every manner of problem in it, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any power that is making my life bitter die, in the name of Jesus.