What is Adultery?
Adultery is a sexual act between a man and a woman who are not legally married. An adulteress is a woman who is guilty of adultery.
“Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?”(John 8:1-5).
The bible says that they that do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God(Gal. 5:21).
If one ignorantly opens the door of his/her life, the devil may enter. But if the door is closed, the devil must not. If on the other hand the devil enters, it must not be given a place to stay. Peradventure, it already has a place, destroy that place.
“Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me”(Psalm 51:5).
Believers should arise and confront any serpent in the garden of their lives, until they are free from all its bites. Even the lawful serpents and unlawful serpents that are inherited at birth, and the ones given invitations can be dealt with.
“Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children. And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob”(Isaiah 49:24-26).
Related book in this post
Prayer Points Against Adultery
- Oh Lord, I confess and repent of all my adulterous life; begin to deliver me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every consequence of adultery in my life; die now, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from every bondage of adultery by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Adultery shall not ruin my life. O Lord, deliver me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Every fire of adultery in my life; I quench you now; die immediately, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil personality, promoting adultery in my life; die immediately, in the name of Jesus.
- Every bewitchment promoting adultery in my life; expire now, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that has made me a slave to sex; die, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the spell of adultery in my life be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, break the chains of adultery in my life forever and ever, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, separate me from every curse of adultery, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil personality living inside me; come out and die, in the name of Jesus.
- You that man/woman controlling my life; lose your hold over my life, in the name of Jesus.