Marriage is a legally recognized relationship, established by a civil or religious ceremony, between two people who intend to live together as sexual and domestic partners. In a marriage institution, a man and woman are legally joined together to start a new family.
The best place to start when planning to get married is to understand that marriage is for matured adults. That is why you must be matured physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually before you think of getting married. Likewise, marriage of convenience is not always the best type of marriage. It would be wrong to enter into any marriage relationship because of economic advantages, while disregarding the role of mutual affection and conviction. Marriages contracted on conveniences or solely for pragmatic reasons do not fulfill the spiritual purpose of marriage. Even an ant prepares itself for summer.
“Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest’’(Proverbs 6:6-8).
Related Book in this Post
Never make your marriage partner selection in a hurry. God’s plan for marriage not accomplished by a lazy individual who is looking for a spouse because they want to live comfortably.
“Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread”(Proverbs 20:13).
Without the proper information and preparation, entering into a marriage can be disastrous. The issue is that you would have started a miserable life in order to satisfy an urgent craving for comfort and satisfaction. Be aware that marriage can transform your environment, bring temporary delight, and offer temporary solutions to issues, but it can also bring new obstacles you never considered. The increased obstacles won’t overwhelm you, though, if you have the necessary information.
Many people experience unfounded pleasures at the wake of their marriages instead of genuine intimacy and inner strength that sustain marriage. A temporal pleasure may not be very useful, especially when it is void of true and genuine love. Marriage should not be done in a rush. You need to develop some level of physical, temperamental, emotional, social and spiritual maturity in advance. Cultivate life of discipline, temperance, self-denial and selflessness, as these may be highly treasured by your spouse.
“And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him”(Genesis 2:8, 15, 18).
Notice that Adam was in-charge of the garden before God made wife for him. He had a job already. He was the custodian of the garden. He knew God, and had intimate relationship with Him. God saw that it was not good for him to remain alone and made wife for him. Then, a big question arises – why do we need to marry?
Related Book in this Post
God had a strategy for creating the marriage partnership. That is why before choosing a spouse, everyone who plans to be married must have an understanding of God’s purpose in mind. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t bother to research God’s plan for marriage before getting married.
“And the LORD God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him. And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh”Genesis 2:18, 22, 24.
God concluded that it was not good that the man He made remained alone. In order to balance the equation, God created the woman. He used the rib, which He took from the man to make a woman. From the beginning, marriage has been part of God’s plan, purpose and provision. God initiated this plan when man was at his original nature of purity.
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”(Genesis 1:27, 28).
Therefore, even at the height of our spirituality, we need to get married. God’s blessings are complete upon a man when he is married, even though marriage is only necessary to earthly life, and has no part in eternal existence in heaven. Another important thing to observe is that God did not create many women for one man. He made one man and one woman. That is why men leave fathers and mothers and cleave to their wives to become one flesh.
Related Book in this Post
Prayers to Preserve your Marriage
- I break and loose my partner and me from every unprofitable association, in the name of Jesus.
- I disgrace the power of darkness that has vowed to scatter my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Every demonic authority that is working against my marriage, be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- I terminate evil control over my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the bewitchment and manipulation of my marriage expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of God, burn every enemy of my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil relationship designed to break my marriage, break, in the name of Jesus.
- Let strangers in my marriage be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil soul-tie that is attacking my marriage, break by force, in the name of Jesus.
- I terminate ungodly relationships that are creating problems in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil society that is causing trouble in my marriage, be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- I expose and disgrace hidden problems that are attacking my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil counsel that is affecting my marriage, I reject you, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose my marriage from undue interference of our parents, in the name of Jesus.
- Any demonic in-law that has vowed to destroy my marriage, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.