When couples start to criticize each other, it can lead to thoughts of divorce. It is not acceptable to end a marriage just because your spouse cannot cook or fulfill other superficial expectations. Both spouses are obligated to stay together, even if one of them doesn’t know how to make the bed, dress nicely, or speak properly. Even if your partner doesn’t express love or make you happy, they are still your lawful spouse. It is better to not get married at all than to realize that your spouse is not the person God intended for you. Therefore, it’s important to take time to seek God’s guidance before getting married. God will not allow you to marry two living women or permit you to divorce and remarry, as this goes against His will.
The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined, let not man put asunder. They say unto him, why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning, it was not so. And I say unto you, whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committed adultery: and whoso married her who is put away doth commit adultery”(Matthew 19:3-9).
Related books in this post
It is not acceptable to murder your spouse in order to remarry, as this would make you a murderer. For those who have never been married, it is important to carefully consider and pray before making a decision, as the person you choose to marry will be with you for life. Even if they commit a wrongdoing, you do not have the right to harm them or end the marriage. It is crucial to seek God’s guidance to avoid the suffering that can result from making a wrong choice of a marriage partner. Many couples live together without being united, lacking communication and collaboration in their relationship, and behaving more like two separate individuals than a single unit.
A couple whose marriage is suffering attacks from devil must have failed to consider each other, comfort and admonish each other. They must have failed to submit to each other, prefer each other, forgive and bear each other’s burden. They are not praying for themselves or greeting each other. Yet God has commanded them to do so, as a debt they owe each other. When you love your partner truly, you would practice the above things daily with joy and gladness.
“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availed much”(James 5:16).
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching”(Hebrews 10:25).
Related books in this post
Prayers for a Glorious Marriage
- Let everything devil has put in place to deny me of God’s perfect will in marriage be removed, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the power of darkness that has vowed that I will not get married happily die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, convince the perfect life partner to accept me fully and forever, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me best partner that would help me to fulfill Your purpose, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the marriage that would give me God’s best in partnership, pleasures and fulfillment appear, in the name of Jesus.
- Let that person that was ordained by God to fulfill my purpose of procreation, protection and provision appear, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, use my life partner, whom I pray to meet, to preserve my purity, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, lead me to a place where I can find the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh, in the name of Jesus.
- Power that will bring my partner where I am, manifest and do so by force, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, command my partner to accept me above any other, in the name of Jesus.