When Jesus did His ministry on earth, He only served people and gave life to people that were sick. He did not demand services. That was why He gave His life as a ransom for many. Whenever you get into any office, prepare your mind to serve others and do not expect anyone to serve you in return. While His followers were still eating at the Last Supper, Jesus Christ took a towel, girded Himself, and washed and dried the feet of His disciples. Such a gentle Savior!
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him”(Acts 10:38).
“When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them. And when Jesus was come into Peter’s house, he saw his wife’s mother laid, and sick of a fever. And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them”(Matthew 8:1-4; 14-15).
Related Book in this Post
Jesus Christ had both the mind and the will to serve. Though He had the right to demand for services of others, He did not but served. Determine to serve as you move into your new place of work. Offer your services to God and humanity. Jesus served with love and compassion. You can do the same.
“He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward”(Matthew 10:39-47).
“Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews”(Acts 20:19).
“And when the Syrians of Damascus came to succor Hadadezer king of Zobah, David slew of the Syrians two and twenty thousand men”(2 Samuel 8:5).
“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”(James 5:16).
An important and ancient oriental habit that was used to demonstrate hospitality was foot washing. You should follow Christ’s example of tenderness, wholeness, and dignity. Christ, however, does not call for actual foot washing, rather for mutual respect. He asks sincerity, selflessness, and humility from us. He expects us to take our jobs seriously and to show compassion when necessary. The way we serve, respect, and honor one other must be guided by biblical principles.
Related Book in this Post
Prayers for Career Progression
- Father Lord, arrest and destroy any power that is sitting upon my promotion, in the name of Jesus.
- You evil character that is harvesting my labor, I command you to die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any disgrace that was prepared for me in my office, backfire by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Every Red Sea and Pharaoh that has vowed to terminate my life, receive destruction, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, bring me into favor with the decision makers in my office, in the name of Jesus.
- Let unrepentant enemies of my blessings in my office receive demotion, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my good records in this office begin to manifest, in the name of Jesus.
- I release my rights, benefits and entitlements hidden in this office, in the name of Jesus.
- My efforts in this office will not be in vain, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, remove any evil cloud that is covering my glory in this office, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy evil records that were kept against me in this office, in the name of Jesus.
- I remove any unrepentant enemy that is fighting to remove me from this office, in the name of Jesus.
- Any witch or wizard that is attacking me in this office, make unpardonable mistake that will expose you and favor me, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, promote me above my stubborn enemies in this office, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my hidden greatness manifest in this office from henceforth, in the name of Jesus.
- Anyone that has vowed to torment me in this office, receive angelic torments, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help me to do what is right in this office by Your power, in the name of Jesus.
- I command all unfriendly friends in this office to be exposed and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that wants me to go empty handed from this office, fail woefully and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any strongman that was unleashed for my sake in this office, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me to do my work with all diligence in this office, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every place in my office to be conducive and enjoyable, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my enemies in this office become confused, tired and resign by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Angles of the living God, force my enemies to make heartbreaking and painful mistakes to my favor, in the name of Jesus.
- I remove the protection and evil backbones of my unrepentant enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, transfer the joy of all my enemies to me by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil plot against me in this office, fall on my enemies and vindicate me, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, avenge me of my adversaries in this office speedily, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all hired adversaries in this office confess to death, in the name of Jesus.
- Any arrow of death that was fired at me in this office, backfire, in the name of Jesus.