While everyone desires to marry (or be married), few people really take their time to study and understand the true meaning of the covenant of marriage. It is highly important to understand the covenant of marriage before going into it so that you could be successful.
In this book, you will learn what it entails to make a good decision and how to know it is the will of God or not. Armed with this knowledge, you will get married and remain happy to the end. Many people rush into marriage without planning what they want to get out of it. Others know what they are supposed to get but do not know how to get them. Some depend on their partners and are ready to take anything from them. Because of this, many people have married whoever it was that came to marry them. Failing to find out what God has said or His plans for your marriage would make you to accept even what the devil or his agents offer you. The marriage institution started from the beginning, so no one has any excuse to fail.
“And the LORD God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature that was the name thereof. And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man”(Genesis 2:18-19, 22).
Marriage covenant is a lifetime covenant. In this particular covenant, God does not expect it to be broken. Once this covenant is broken, every other covenant with God concerning your life is affected.
Related Book in this Post
“Yet ye say, wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant. And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. In addition, wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore, take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit that ye deal not treacherously”(Malachi 2:14-16).
God is a witness between any man and woman that enter into this covenant of marriage. God monitors every detail of the man’s actions or the woman’s actions towards each other. You cannot dissolve marriage once it is contracted and confirmed. God hates treacherous dealings in marriage. God commanded that a married couple should stay together the rest of their lives. Therefore, it is wrong to rush into marriage or be careless over the choice of your partner. Covenant is a very serious issue because if you break it ignorantly, you will definitely suffer for it.
Related Book in this Post
When a Covenant is Broken
The reason many people are suffering today is because they broke a covenant or they are one with people that broke a covenant. A broken covenant affects children, born and those yet to be born.
“Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers are as widows. We have drunken our water for money; our wood is sold unto us. Our necks are under persecution: we labor, and have no rest. We have given the hand to the Egyptians, and to the Assyrians, to be satisfied with bread”(Lamentations 5:1-6).
It brings reproach and seizure of inheritance. It causes its victims to lose their blessings to strangers and aliens. It increases the number of orphans, widowers and widows in a place. Broken covenant is very destructive and leads people into bondage and captivity. The terrible part of it is that many victims of broken covenants are not aware of it. They suffer because of evil inheritance. It can reduce a greatly destined prince to a slave boy or house cleaner. Can you imagine someone who was destined to become a president cleaning the streets and begging for handouts? This is disaster.
“Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne their iniquities. Servants have ruled over us: there is none that doth deliver us out of their hand. We gat our bread with the peril of our lives because of the sword of the wilderness”(Lamentations 5:7-9).
Related Book in this Post
What you are going through now could be because of a broken covenant. If your father is a polygamous man, then you could be a victim of inherited evil covenant. That may be the reason why family or circumstances are pushing you to make a wrong choice of your partner. You need to study your foundation very well before you make a choice of whom to marry.
“The word of the LORD came also unto me, saying, Thou shall not take thee a wife, neither shall thou have sons or daughters in this place. For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land; They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented; neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their carcasses shall be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth”(Jeremiah 16:1-4).
You can correct other mistakes in other areas of life or put them away but not in the covenant of marriage. If you do so, it affects your relationship with God for God hates putting away of legal partners. Covenant is a legal contract that binds you and your partner for life on earth.
Prayers For Settling with the Right Person
- Any covenant that is fighting against God’s will for my life, break, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, lead me into Your perfect will for my marriage and keep me in it, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any power that is pushing me into satanic plans against God’s plans be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, speak me into Your perfect will for my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, lay the foundation of my marriage by Yourself, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to be manipulated into making a wrong choice, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from any evil contact that was designed to take me away from God’s will for my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, deliver me from any evil relationship that is leading me into a wrong marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver me from the consequences of any covenant that I have ever broken, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the curse and covenant of late marriage in my life break and expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every inherited evil covenant and curse in my life, I reject you, in the name of Jesus.
- Anyone that is about to entice me into a wrong choice, I break away from you, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject manipulation, bewitchment and spells that would lead me away from God’s will for my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Any wrong marriage that was arranged for me anywhere, I reject you, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from arrows of confusion in my choice of marriage partner, in the name of Jesus.