What about courtship?
The period of courtship is as crucial as when you eventually get married! Having the wrong perception of courtship is going to make it difficult for you to follow through on what you ought to do during that period. God still commands purity and righteousness in the place of courtship. However, there are many dangers and pitfalls during this period and the devil is ever ready to take advantage.
This is why you need to be intentional about how you handle yourselves during courtship; it does seem like an “okay” time to do whatever you want. After all, you’re both getting married, so why wait?
When you commit sin with your partner during your courtship, there is a need for both of you to confess your sins and repent of them before going into marriage.
“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?”2 Corinthians 13:5
Related books in this post
True repentance is the turning away from your sins after confession; otherwise, you would have just been acting. If you have already fallen into the net of entanglement, fear not. Truly and sincerely confess and repent of your sins now. As you pray these prayers, may the Lord give you all you need for a successful courtship, one that pleases him in Jesus’ name.
Prayers to pray during courtship
- Let every enemy of my courtship be exposed and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, reveal to me all that I need to know during this courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- I disgrace any power that wants me to offend my God during this courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to fall victim to any painful and heart-breaking mistake that was prepared to destroy my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive power to honor God during my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me for a godly marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and take charge over my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of immorality and sinful characters that was planted in my courtship, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to ignore God and His Word in my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, lead me from the beginning until the end of this courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to postpone my repentance and confession in this relationship, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, forgive me from every sin I committed before and during this courtship, in the name of Jesus.