Every marriage comes with its own concerns. One of the major concerns that may arise in a marriage is the absence of peace. At one point or another, peace may seemingly elude your union. Issues are most likely to arise when both spouses refuse to do anything about them. The absence of peace can tear down a home and destroy God’s purpose for your family.
To restore the peace in your home, both husband and wife have different roles to play to see that this comes to pass. The scripture says, “Can two work together unless they have agreed to do so?”
Related books in this post
Role of a Spouse in Restoring the Peace in a Marriage
The first thing God expects from a man and his wife is humility. You both have to examine yourselves and discover the areas in which you are at fault. You both have to seek forgiveness and pay the price of seeking reconciliation and restoration for your marriage. In this process, the husband does not desire another wife except his only wife (Proverbs 5:18–19).
You and your spouse should always be ready to receive divine counsel, take correction, and listen to reasons, while allowing God to direct the affairs of your marriage through His words (Proverbs 5:21).
As the wife, you should know how to repent thoroughly and sincerely whenever you are wrong (1 Samuel 7:3–4). A virtuous wife keeps herself pure, holy, and remains a loving wife. She is also diligent, hospitable and prayerful. She studies the lives of other virtuous women and emulates them as it is not wrong to emulate people with good virtues. You should also be able to submit to your husband humbly and in meekness.
Related books in this post
God instituted marriage in a way that is pleasing to Him. Therefore, when you play your role well, following God’s pattern and allowing His word to guide your marriage, He honors your marriage, and you will experience peace. You must not depart from the godly way of conducting a marriage.
Prayers to Restore Peace in your Marriage
- I break and lose my marriage from spiritual and physical separation, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, bring solution to every disagreement in my home, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, deliver my marriage from costly errors, in the name of Jesus.
- I withdraw every invitation that I have given to the devil, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil personality that is sharing my love for my partner, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- bind and cast out the spirit of criticism from my home, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and lose my marriage from the grip of unforgiving spirit and hatred, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, restore Your true love of marriage to my home, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all lost aﬀections in my marriage be restored, in the name of Jesus.
- I cast out the spirit of impatience, strife and malice out of my home, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the spirit of pride, wickedness and prayerlessness to quit my home, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, fulfill Your purpose of marriage in my home, in the name of Jesus.