You may have heard that the couple who prays together stays together. The period of courtship is certainly one of those times when couples tend to relax and rest their oars. However, courtship is as important as marriage itself, and so it ought to be taken as seriously.
Most often during courtship, couples are unable to resist temptation, and so they fall into sin. The devil, being who he is, comes with guilt and condemnation to make you suffer. Unfortunately, many people in courtship are plagued by pride and stubbornness. You must understand that God cannot praise anyone for committing sin.
Related books in this post
When you commit sin with your partner during your courtship, there is a need for both of you to confess your sins and repent of them before going into marriage. It is a dangerous thing to transfer sins from your courtship into your marriage. A lot of people pretend to be holy when they are not, and this can lead to destruction.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us”1 John 1:8-10
If you have fallen into sin during this period of your courtship, do not postpone your repentance until troubles start. When you delay your repentance and continue in your sins, you receive punishment. You must truly repent with all sincerity of heart. Without true repentance, your deliverance cannot be complete. You must equally have a change of mind, purpose, and character. It must be deep before true deliverance can come. No one can mock God.
Related books in this post
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting”Galatians 6:7-8
Prayers during Courtship
- I receive power to honor God during my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me for a godly marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil plantation that exists in my courtship, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and take charge over my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of immorality and sinful characters that was planted in my courtship, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help my partner and I to understand ourselves to Your glory, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the presence of God characterize the period of my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- Every enemy of godliness in my courtship, be disgraced by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, if this relationship is not from You, terminate it peacefully, in the name of Jesus.
- Any invitation that I have given to devil in this courtship, I withdraw you, in the name of Jesus.
- Any problem that wants to enter into my marriage from this courtship, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and build my marriage during this courtship, in the name of Jesus.