This life is not meant to be lived alone. God provided us with companionship in the form of friends. However, genuine friendship has nearly become extinct in our world today, and there are people who have never come across a faithful and sincere friend. All their lives, they meet deceivers after deceivers who rob them of their valuables and then turn around to smite them. Everywhere they go, they meet enemies who pretend to be their friends. Samson suffered the same fate at the hands of Delilah and died as a result.
“15And she said unto him, How canst thou say, I love thee, when thine heart is not with me? thou hast mocked me these three times, and hast not told me wherein thy great strength lieth. 16And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death; 17at he told her all his heart, and said unto her, ere hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother’s womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man. 18And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. en the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand. 19And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave oﬀ the seven locks of his head; and she began to aﬄict him, and his strength went from him. 20And she said, e Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him. 21But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house”
Related books in this post
Many marriages and relationships are not left out. They have become awful as hell. Some people have married their enemies as husbands or wives. Some people are born to bad parents who try to kill them from the start. The list is endless.
This has left a lot of people scarred and unable to seek true friendship. You may have gone through something similar or be going through it. You need to trust God in your search for true friendship. Trust him to help you find good friends with whom to build your life. People who are also committed to God and who will draw you closer to Him. May God deliver you and bless you with a true friend. In the name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.
Prayers for True Friendship
- Father Lord, deliver me from ungodly friendships by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Every agent of bad friendship, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive power to meet with truthful and sincere friends, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, connect me with friends, who are truly committed, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the blood of Jesus wash away all my bad friends, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all unfriendly friends be exposed and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me to identify good friends, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any blessing that will connect me with good friends manifest, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the power of God channel good friends into my life, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, bless me with good friends, who will love me truthfully, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me faithful friends like Jonathan, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the love, understanding and all good things in the Godhead be found with my friends, in the name of Jesus.