Losing someone is a painful experience, even more so when they were close to you. Sadly, death is inevitable, and in a situation as dire as losing a spouse, it shatters one’s heart.
While no one can question God for calling any of us to glory, it is very important that a widow or widower commits his or her life into the hands of God. God truly comforts and relieves the heart. Therefore, it cannot be better elsewhere.
It is not possible for you to be committed to God without being born-again. Being born-again is the beginning of every success and the beginning of a true Christian or spiritual life. The Lord cares for widows and also honors them.
A widow who sleeps around is not a Christian. Widows who break other people’s marriages commit adultery, and they are not virtuous women. A widow that lives for pleasure is spiritually dead.
Related books in this post
God understands how lonely it is as a widow or widower and he knows that all widows face tests and temptations which may vary. Temptations come to divert or destroy you. God permits Christians to experience temptations to reveal the depth of their faith and to grant them opportunities to seek more grace from Him.
It is better for a widow to pray and marry again than to stay single and defile her body and those of other people. Even when the so-called men of God and old prophets try to tempt or seduce you, take your stand firmly and refuse to backslide. Many widows have defiled their bodies because of weak backslidden prophets.
Adam was seduced by his wife, Eve, who was his closest companion. Therefore, you need to be alert since your own temptation may come from a familiar face or someone with wealth and power. A widow who prepares herself and lives in righteousness, indeed will receive God’s blessings. God will send her help in times of trouble.
A True Widow
A true widow receives God’s commandments; she sustains the lives of the saints. She does not use her body to destroy the people of God. Neither does she seduce men of God or waste people’s lives. Virtuous widows are women of faith. They trust God and His prophets. They obey God’s Word and love God. Take a look at the widow of Zarephath; she sustained and took care of the saints of God, and God rewarded her accordingly.
Widows and Orphans
God established his love for widows and orphans through the scriptures. He did so because He cares for their safety and provision. That is why widows and orphans should have no reason to suffer in silence or lack.
“Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child”Exodus 22:22
Widows and orphans are often maltreated, and God vehemently disproves that. To afflict or maltreat any widow or orphan is a breaking of God’s commandment. Widows and their children are sacred before God. His judgment will fall on those who oppress widows or their children. While blessings follow people who bless widows and their family, curses follow those that oppress them.
Those that obey God’s Word concerning widows and orphans cannot lack God’s help when they need it. The church and other organizations are mandated to help widows and orphans too.
God does not ignore the prayers of innocent widows and orphans when they call on him. When widows live right before God, He answers their prayers with ease. God is ready to defend and perform miracles for righteous widows more than they are willing to ask. If you want God to answer your prayers, obey His Word and keep His commandments.
Prayers for Widows and Orphans
- Lord Jesus, destroy any sin that is standing between You and me, in the name of Jesus.
- I unseat any evil personality that is sitting upon my rights by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, help me to discover my purpose in life as a widow/orphan, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me to remain righteous as a widow/orphan, in the name of Jesus.
- Almighty God, send me help from above and deliver me from my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- Any spirit of seduction in my life is wasted, in the name of Jesus.
- Any temptation that is compelling me to break God’s law, I overcome you, in the name of Jesus.
- Every serpent of immorality that was delegated to waste my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, wash and keep me pure from all manner of sin, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy any problem that has vowed to overthrow my faith in Christ, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every intimidating Goliath against me be destroyed in shame, in the name of Jesus.
- Every enemy of righteousness in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, chases away any man or woman that is sitting on my husband’s property, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, expose all unfriendly friends of my husband, in the name of Jesus.
- Any curse that was placed upon my life because I am a widow, go back to your sender, in the name of Jesus.