We’ve established that marriage comes with it’s own challenges. As a result, the devil does not hesitate to fire shots at your marriage once he gets the chance. One of the most effective arrows that gets at marriages is disobedience to God’s Word. When your character counters God’s Word, you clear the way for devil’s arrows to hit your marriage. Moreover, when they hit your marriage and last for a while, different problems infest your marriage.
Leaving and Cleaving
As always, God’s word is clear when he commands that you “Leave your father and mother (not necessarily abandoning them), and be joined to your husband or wife, so that two of you become one.” He expects you to obey. The problem with most couples is that some husbands and wives return to their parents’ houses, especially when there is conflict, instead of running to God.
Increasingly, the failure to leave parents and cleave to each other aids the separation of marriages all over the world. When God commanded you to love your wife as your own body, but you choose to share greater part of that love with your cars, office, work, profession above your wife, there will be massive problems. Likewise, when you love other women and hate your wife, you break God’s law concerning marriage.
Related books in this post
Again, many women have let their husbands down because they found themselves with good jobs and the means to supply the needs of the family. Now, many women use that as leverage to demean and disrespect their husbands. This is totally outside of God’s word. Nevertheless, virtuous woman who is truly after God’s heart, takes pleasure in helping her husband and family.
“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything”Ephesians 5:22-24
Irrespective of surrounding circumstances, a good wife knows how to present her reasons humbly with right manner of approach, full of respect and honor for her husband. Even after making her points known and her husband insists, she knows how to commit such matters to God through prayers and patience.
There is a place of reciprocation in marriage and husbands and wives ought to practice this. As they say, “It takes two to tango.” Join in these prayers and fight for your marriage.
Prayers Peace in marriage
- Father Lord, deliver my marriage from costly errors, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help us to leave our parents and cleave to one another, in the name of Jesus.
- Let unfriendly friends in my marriage be exposed and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- I withdraw every invitation that I have given to the devil, in the name of Jesus.
- I cast out every spirit of worldliness and extravagance that is tearing my home apart, in the name of Jesus.
- I cast out the spirit of impatience, strife and malice out of my home, in the name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of death and hell that was fired at my marriage, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Any ungodly in-law that is causing problems in my marriage, be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all lost affections in my marriage be restored, in the name of Jesus.
- Any seed of polygamy in marriage, die, in the name of Jesus.