Have you ever had to seek advice from friends or people around you, but deep down, you know this is something God can perfectly work on for you? Do you know in your heart that the best place to go is to God? Well, this is the case with most people today. It is very easy to become confused and seek the help of men when you do not acknowledge the power of God in your life.
Major decisions in life, like marriage, require divine guidance. The decision to marry determines the path one will take in life and may suggest how one will end his life both on earth and in eternity. Everybody wants to hear from God when they get to the marriage bridge, and this is where the problem begins… You want to hear from God, but it seems as though there is a wall preventing effective communication, hence your seeming inability to hear what God is saying about your intended marriage.
Related books in this post
Trusting the Arm of Flesh
If you can’t hear God in the little day-to-day life decisions you make, you will find it difficult to hear from God in the big decisions. Such is the case with some believers; they seek help, advice, and even comfort in the arms of people, but when it comes to a big decision like marriage, they rush over to God to quickly hear what he has to say. Because you haven’t heard from him before, you won’t know what he sounds like, and therefore, you cannot hear him.
Eventually, they go back and seek advice from people because they are seemingly unable to hear God. A lot of marriages have recorded tremendous amounts of sorrow and regret as a result of reckless choices and trusting in the arms of flesh and men.
It is therefore important that, as a believer, you should surrender to God humbly for divine guidance. One who is guided by God will not experience sorrow or regret on earth. Wisdom tells people to submit to God so that they can get the help that God has promised.
When you desire to hear from men instead of God, you will likely believe man rather than the Lord. God may not even bother talking to you if you have set your mind to getting approval from men. You must hear from God and confirm it through other means, such as men, rather than hearing from a man and forcing God to approve your marriage.
God’s guidance is a promise he will fulfill if you give him a chance in your life. He knows when you make him a priority in your life and is happy to listen to you when you speak. When God is the one that leads you, his presence will never leave you as long as you stay with him. From the beginning until the end, it always brings joy and peace to hand over the mantle of your marriage to God.
Prayers for Guidance in Marriage
- Blood of Jesus, speak me into Your perfect will for my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, lay the foundation of my marriage by yourself, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from arrows of confusion in my choice of marriage partner, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, anoint me to enter into a marriage that would strengthen faith, in the name of Jesus.
- I command a perfect life partner to manifest and appear before me, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to be manipulated into making a wrong choice, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the marriage that would give me God’s best in partnership, pleasures and fulfillment appear, in the name of Jesus.
- Let that person that was ordained by God to fulfill my purpose of procreation, protection and provision appear, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, lead me to a place where I can find the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, be in-charge of my marriage from the beginning to the end, in the name of Jesus.