There is no such thing as a “weakness” in God. I believe we can all agree on that. But if there were, it would be this: mercy. All of God’s compassion, love, tenderness, and favor are fully expressed in His mercy. It is a manifestation of his goodness and compassion toward us. God’s mercy will not allow you to perish with people who are marked to perish.
A person who receives God’s mercy may have mountainous problems, the worst foundation, a close enemy, or dozens of Goliaths on the battlefield, but he will not die in their hands. His mercy guarantees your prosperity and gives you dominion. Mercy brings deliverance, saviors, and help (Nehemiah 9:27; Isaiah 55:3-4; Jeremiah 16:5-8). If you lose the whole earth and keep God’s mercy, you have not lost anything because God’s mercy can establish you forever.
You might be asking, how can you receive mercy?
Repentance is a word that is being thrown around today. Your friends or family may have jokingly asked you to repent at one point or another. Repentance, simply put, signifies and implies a turning from all known sins, a change of one’s mind, and a change of purpose and action. It is an extremely important factor in obtaining mercy.
Related books in this post
If you desire God’s mercy, you will obtain it. You can receive God’s mercy through desire, repentance, and prayer. However, it is unfortunate that the rate of shallow repentance being exhibited is at an alarming rate, and many so-called believers are involved in this. At the time of Christ’s physical ministry on earth, he told them that shallow repentance could be condemned.
Your desire for mercy is not enough; it is just a knock on the door of mercy. True repentance is an open door to divine mercy, while prayer is the hand that takes you from God to man. Before you pray for divine mercy, you need to acknowledge all your sins, repent, and forsake them. Jesus knows that with your own power and without God’s help, you cannot overcome sin.
“Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”Isaiah 55:7
Repentance goes beyond confessing your sins. It should also include you forsaking all confessed sins. Many people confess their sins but refuse to turn away from them. When you truly repent, people around you or anywhere you go will notice it. You may not need to convince them because they are supposed to see and testify that you have repented. Repentance is a universal command of God to everyone on earth, and no one is exempt. It is the basis on which God’s mercy manifests.
Finally, in your prayer for mercy, you have to cleanse yourself and tell God all your heart’s desires.
Prayer points for Mercy
- Blood of Jesus, command divine mercy to manifest in my life, in Jesus’ name.
- Every sin in my life will be conquered by divine mercy, in Jesus’ name.
- Be defeated by every determined enemy of my life; be defeated by divine mercy, in Jesus’ name.
- In Jesus’ name, I command divine mercy to destroy every enemy of righteousness in my life.
- O Lord, arise and release your mercy into my life, in Jesus’ name.
- God of mercy, prosper me in righteousness, in Jesus’ name.
- By the mercy of God, I receive unmerited favor in Jesus’ name.
- In Jesus’ name, O Lord, take me to my inheritance by your mercy.
- Every problem I brought into my life dies by divine mercy, in Jesus’ name.
- In Jesus’ name, take me to my right position in life.
- Let my prayers bring salvation and deliverance, in Jesus’ name.
- Father Lord, thank you for having mercy upon me, in Jesus’ name.