Being a Christian is an every-day business, and as such, a Christian is expected to live a consistent Christian life every day. As a born-again Christian, God wishes that you develop a life that will conform totally to the very image of Christ. And so, there are things a believer ought not to do once they are born-again. Christmas should not change who you are supposed to be in Christ. If you want to remember the birthday of your Lord, Savior, and King, you must put away all evil characters before, during, and after Christmas.
A lot of people leverage on repentance after Christmas to commit all manner of atrocities during the Christmas season. It is very strange to give your Savior wickedness as a gift with the hope of repentance after insulting Him. Some people will increase wickedness and all manner of evil before and during Christmas, hoping to repent after the holiday.
Related books in this post
Christmas is celebrating Christ’s birthday, and if you truly want to give Christ a befitting birthday gift, you must do away with sin in your life. You need to repent of the sins you have already committed and forsake them once and for all.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”1 John 1:9
“He that committed sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose, the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remained in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God”1 John 3:8-9
Christmas is not the time to fulfill fleeting desires, chase quick success, fulfill achievements, or man-made goals against the will of God; instead, it is a time to please God. It must not be a time to be proud or crave popularity and the praise of men. Though many people are deviating from true faith, you should take a stand to please God at all costs.
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord”1 Corinthians 15:58
Prayers for Christmas
- O Lord, help me to understand and benefit from true meaning and purpose of Christmas, in the name of Jesus.
- I withdraw myself from evils associated with the feast of Christmas, in the name of Jesus.
- I separate myself from sins and atrocities attached to the remaining Christmas in my lifetime, in the name of Jesus.
- I repent for the years I celebrated Christmas without Christ, in the name of Jesus.
- I recover all blessings that Christmas has stolen from my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I separate myself from evil trend of excessive spending and worldliness, in the name of Jesus.
- Let people repent en masse through me during this Christmas, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy any spirit that would separate me from Christ through Christmas, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy evil celebrations that are attached to my Christianity by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to observe any tradition that is not consistent with scriptures, in the name of Jesus.
- The spirit of Christmas cannot weaken, empty, or siphon my life this year, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from the spirit that inspires people to do evil during Christmas, in the name of Jesus.