If Christ should come on your wedding day, will you be sorrowful or joyful? Are you more concerned about your wedding gown or your robe of righteousness? Are you willing to keep God’s commandments before your wedding day or break them? Are you going to get your guests drunk and insane or is your wedding going to glorify God? Is the prince of peace, Jesus Christ, going to be comfortable with your wedding or will the events compel Him to leave earlier? Think on these things.
“Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Hast thou faith? Have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin”(Romans 14:19-23).
Related books in this post
Wedding is the closest bond that exists between humans. When a man and a woman decide to be united in marriage, it becomes a sacred event. When two believers say it is God’s will to get married, they come together before God, a minister and before witnesses to answer some questions before they are joined together.
At a wedding ceremony, miracle takes place because two hearts and lives join as long as they shall live. God unites them and they become as one in the sight of God. Many people have the opinion that marriage is simply a legal contract, which is also true. But while it is a legal contract, it is also a spiritual contract. A miracle takes place once two people are joined together in marriage.
“The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery”(Matthew 19:3-9).
Marriage becomes a binding covenant before God and man as long as they live. It is irrevocable. As soon as they are pronounced husband and wife, it is therefore confirmed and cannot be altered.
“Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it will be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulled, or addeth thereto”(Galatians 3:15).
All eligible singles with the intent of settling down however; are advised to live out lives during courtship that would truly glorify God in all ramifications.
Related books in this post
Prayers for your Wedding
- Any spot or wrinkle in my life, be washed by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, help me to confess and forsake my sins before I wed, in the name of Jesus.
- My wedding, I command you to bring me closer to God, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my wedding become too hot to be touched by devil, in the name of Jesus.
- I give my hand in marriage to the right person, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil plan to destroy my wedding, fail woefully, in the name of Jesus.
- Let God arise and bless the day of my wedding, in the name of Jesus.
- You, my wedding day, prosper and bless my marriage forever, in the name of Jesus.
- Any curse that was prepared for me, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my enemies turn around and bless me on my wedding day, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the heavens open and release mighty blessings on my wedding day, in the name of Jesus.