God established marriage as a union of one man and one woman. It is intended to last a lifetime, but in many societies, this has not been the case. Satan despises marriage, as is evident even from the first union.
The devil constantly fires arrows at your marriage. These arrows can successfully tear through the walls of your marriage and cause chaos, and ironically, you can be the reason for this. When your character counters God’s Word, you clear the way for the devil’s arrows to hit your marriage. These arrows might linger for a while, and when they do, different problems infest your marriage. This is when you start to notice strange domestic conflicts, illnesses, and other issues.
Related books in this post
As is seemingly the custom today, couples have chosen to run back to their families and friends but not to God when these problems arise. God has commanded that you “leave your father and mother (not necessarily abandoning them) and be joined to your husband or wife, so that the two of you become one,” and He expects you to follow this command in all circumstances.
Anything that is contrary to God’s commandments concerning your marriage takes away your peace and joy and causes the wine of your marriage to expend before time. As a husband, God has commanded you to love your wife as your own body, but when you choose to share a greater part of that love with your cars, office, work, or profession above your wife, you will have massive problems. Likewise, when you love other women and hate your wife, you break God’s law concerning marriage.
“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh”Genesis 2:24
In the same way, God wants a wife to obey her husband as if she were doing it for Christ. It is not a favor to your husband, but obedience to God’s Word. Anything less is disobedience and is capable of inflicting problems in the family.
“That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed”Titus 2:4-5
Related books in this post
Often times, when the need arises, you may find yourself in a position to supply the needs of the family. A virtuous woman understands and takes pleasure in helping her husband meet the needs of their family and not letting him down.
How to Restore Peace to your Marriage
The roles you and your spouse have to play in restoring peace in your marriage are numerous. Here are a few of them with Bible verses.
- The first thing God expects from you and your wife is humility. You have to examine yourselves. Discover areas you have made mistakes and be willing to seek for forgiveness.
- You both need to allow God to direct the affairs of your marriage through His Words (Proverbs 5:21).
- You should always be ready to receive divine counsel, take correction, and listen to reason (Proverbs 20:5).
- Husband and wife should live righteously and transparently before each other, other people and before God (Proverbs 29:6-8).
The simple decisions and actions you take are capable of bringing great peace into your home and removing conflicts and hostilities. God will honor your marriage and you will experience peace. Likewise, disobedience to God’s commandments concerning marriage drives away God’s presence in the home. At this point, the devil can fire his arrows freely. You have to protect your marriage by abiding by God’s word in every aspect of your life.
Prayers to Restore Peace in your Marriage
- I withdraw every invitation that I have given to the devil, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, deliver my marriage from costly errors, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help us to leave our parents and cleave to one another, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the spirit of pride, wickedness and prayerlessness to quit my home, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, fulfill Your purpose of marriage in my home, in the name of Jesus.
- I withdraw any place that was given to the devil and his agents in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil force that has vowed to separate my marriage, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and cast out the spirit of criticism from my home, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any evil arrest of my marriage be terminated, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, bring my partner and I together again, in the name of Jesus.