Divorce rates continue to soar, as if there is a market for it somewhere. The majority of these marriages usually have good beginnings, but tragedy often strikes before we can fully recognize the beauty of their union. It appears that this is defeating God’s original intent for marriage.
It is the duty of every Christian to uproot the seed of divorce whenever it manifests. The devil sows this seed in people’s homes and uses his agents to do the same. He gains a foothold in people’s marriages by planting diverse evil seeds, which include divorce.
That is why the Scriptures admonish us to resist the devil even in our marriage. Usually, what happens when you fail to resist the devil is that he gains a place in your marriage. You cannot underestimate what the devil could do with a little foothold in your marriage. A little pride or anger can give the devil a place.
Related books in this post
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you”James 4:7
Eve gave the devil a place in her life, and it ruined the human race. The same devil still roams about today, seeking whom to devour. He has devoured many families already by engineering divorce, polygamy, and many other wicked lifestyles. He uses housekeepers, relatives, gossip, suspicion, false prophecies, and prayerlessness to destroy marriages.
“Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil”Ephesians 4:26-27
Nobody could live a peaceful life with his or her wife or husband if the fruits of the Spirit were not present. This is due to the fact that only a small manifestation of the works of flesh is capable of selling your home to the devil. So many husbands and wives cannot sit down together to plan for the future of their families. They do not discuss their challenges, share their burdens, or pray over them. So many husbands and wives do not fellowship together or present their marriages to God in prayers. The devil uses such avenues to enter into such families and bring divorce.
Related books in this post
Another great challenge lies before every family, and when families do not pray together, it becomes impossible to fulfill the purpose of marriage. A state of prayerlessness can ruin any family and cause the end of any marriage. Many families have needs, but they do not tell God about their needs.
An unforgiving spirit is another seed of divorce. It is not possible for two people to live together without one of them offending the other at some point or another. That is why God made a provision for forgiveness. When your partner offends you, tell your partner it’s his or her fault. Even when he or she refuses to ask for forgiveness, forgive your partner. Recall that Jesus forgave His enemies when they did not ask for forgiveness. Moses equally forgave the children of Israel and interceded for them many times.
Forgiveness is part of God’s commandments in the Bible. Refusing to forgive is disobeying God’s commandment. As a result, you have no reason to never forgive your wife or husband for any offense. When you fail to forgive your partner, you create a gap that another man or woman would readily available to fill When such things happen, there is a loss of affection and love for your family. At this point, any strange man or woman can easily take over your partner and your home, and the result is divorce.
Prayers Against Divorce
- Every seed of divorce in my marriage, I reject you perfectly, in the name of Jesus.
- I paralyze spiritual and physical enemies that have gathered against my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every enchantment made in order to bring divorce in my marriage be exposed and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil personality that is behind the idea of divorce in my marriage, lose your brain, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, terminate evil activities that are going on to promote divorce in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, speak death to the voice of divorce in 0my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I rejected every inherited spirit of divorce in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the anointing for marital breakthroughs possess my marriage now, in the name of Jesus.
- You, my marriage, reject divorce plans forever, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, speak Your Word of togetherness and love in my marriage today, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, increase Your presence in my marriage by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, bring Your perfect peace and love back in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.