Being a young person has to be one of the most exhilarating experiences there is, isn’t it? There’s so much to look forward to, so much to do, and so much to enjoy. Most of the people in our colleges and universities are young. These youths have ideas, goals, needs, and desires that motivate them to pursue their futures with vigor. They aim at living a life of ideals and often shun advice from their elders concerning the true realities of life. It is then no surprise when they eventually find themselves in unpleasant and tragic situations. Hence, they begin to look for desperate ways out. Some of them join bad gangs as a result or begin to rely on numerous other vices as a way of coping.
Your “Youth” Time
In our world today, where nearly everyone wants to belong, our youth are found trying to imitate and live up to unrealistic standards. They’re often under unnecessary pressure. Because youth is fleeting, it is important to live carefully and not recklessly, especially while in college or university. A month ago, while meditating, it struck me how little time I have to spend in school. I instantly became anxious as I wondered if I had become equipped enough for the outside world. A friend once told me, “What you don’t learn here in school, you’ll find it difficult to get to later.” You have all the time now. ” Those words were painted on the canvas of my mind.
Related books in this post
Your youth is the best time to build certain things into your character. You might not get that chance again. Every second, the devil targets youths because he knows that if he can get his hands on you, he will have you for life! Every young person needs God; this is the surest way for you to attain success and yet remain on purpose.
The problem with many youths in places of learning is ignorance. They do not care to know God, they rush into life without consulting God, who is the owner of life. They want to enjoy the things of life at the expense of their future joy and happiness. Because of a plate of food, Esau sold his birthright and destroyed his future and that of his entire generation. Youths who do not know God will not understand the meaning of patience and waiting upon God.
The God Factor
Whatever you do not get from God through His son, Jesus Christ, will not give you peace or fulfillment. Youths who do not know God always embrace the joy of temporary blessings without seeing the agonies that lie therein. The devil has deceived many youths by giving them flashy things, which are only temporary in order to hijack their great destinies (See John 6:25-35, 60, 66).
A wise person considers the consequences of his or her actions and weighs the cost of such actions in connection to the future. When you weigh your actions through the Word of God and prayers, you will discover that some immediate pleasantries do not worth the endless sufferings they attract as consequences. Take note of how some things that you seemed unable to live or do without suddenly lose their value in your eyes. A lot of times, you spend time chasing after these things.
Related books in this post
Young people’s desire to make it in the university is so great that some youths dip their hands into forbidden cookie jars and even go as far as to conform to the standards of this world. The devil can solve your immediate problems to secure your future joy, and then leave you in agony for the rest of eternity. Be wise!
Prayers for College and University Students
- Any evil spirit that has followed me to this school, I cast you out, in the name of Jesus.
- Every demonic force that attacks people in this school, I am not your candidate, in the name of Jesus.
- I withdraw my destiny from the captivity of campus altars, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the strongman of this institution to bow down before me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every destroyer of knowledge in this school, I break myself from your evil control, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, burn enemies of my academic destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy powers that want to force me to serve devil in this place, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, pattern my life as a youth according to Your perfect plan, in the name of Jesus.
- I will use my youthful strength to the glorify of God in this school, in the name of Jesus.
- Any arrow of evil diversion that was fired at my life, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from the yoke of immorality, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, preserve me from corruption and defilement, in the name of Jesus.