When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, sin first entered the world. It reigned and terrorized all of mankind. Most likely, when we think of sin, we think of wrongdoing or disobeying God’s laws. However, sin goes beyond that; it is a violation of what God has commanded us to do. It involves hurting people as a result of untold violence and a lack of love towards others and it is ultimately a rebellion against God.
Sin clouds your judgment, deceives the heart, and renders you useless. Most of all, sin separates us from God. It enslaves the soul and defiles the body. Have you ever wondered what makes people do the things that they do? Sin has the power to control our lives, and so the moment you allow a little bit of sin into your life, you automatically open the door for sin to control you.
Sin is a big deal to God, and as such, it should be a big deal to you. God is pure and cannot behold iniquity, and this is why we will not be able to see God if we continue to allow the power of sin to operate in our lives.
Related books in this post
Breaking the Power of Sin
Have you sinned and fallen short of the glory of God? Have you found yourself doing things that you know you don’t want to do? You have tried again and again to overcome them, but nothing has worked. There is yet hope for you. It is possible to overcome the power of sin over your life. The only way to be free from all sin is by genuine repentance and a resolve to forsake sin by the grace of what Christ Jesus did on the cross.
“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”Matthew 11:28-30
You have to be born again. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the only true solution to every problem and stronghold of sin. God is ready to forgive the sins you confess and are ready to forsake.
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting”Galatians 6:7-8
Therefore, decide today to break free from your sins and its power over you and pray against it.
Prayers against the Power of Sin
- Every trace of sin on earth, be detected and cleansed by the blood, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, speak death over the power of sin, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every sin to be rejected, in the name of Jesus.
- Every fruit of sin, be interrupted, in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of sin in this world, begin to break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the stronghold of sin collapse this day, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare Christians all over the world free from the grip of sin, in the name of Jesus.
- By the power in the blood of Jesus, let the stronghold of iniquity break, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and display Your righteousness in the whole world, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the voice of righteousness prevail in this nation, in the name of Jesus.