“Strength is not how many times you have fallen, but how well you can rise again after being defeated.” I’m sure you’ve heard this quote at some point in your life. In the same way, when the troubles of marriage arise and pull you down, you should rise up better and stronger than you were before.
There are no exceptions when it comes to problems and challenges in relationships and marriages. Troubles are inevitable in a marriage, and it is not a sign that you have failed. But when you let the root of the troubles in your marriage live, then you cannot expect anything to be better.
Related books in this post
Unfortunately, there are many areas of conflict and trouble, which have resulted in divorce, separation, and the death of many marriages. Interestingly, these issues may be a consequence of your own making. Your marriage can be threatened when you and your spouse fail to leave and cleave to each other completely.
Other times, when you give a place to the devil by permitting worldly lifestyles, criticisms, and a lack of love and affection, troubles are bound to rise in your marriage.
“15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever”1 John 2:15-17
Related books in this post
Overcoming these troubles
Your life is subject to constant change and crisis, and if you spend your time together finding faults in each other over wrongdoings rather than readily forgiving your mistakes, you expressly open the door for the devil to enter into your marriage. In the long run, you should expect nothing short of calamity. This is why your love must have its roots in God and not merely be based on your emotions and feelings.
“27Neither give place to the devil”Ephesians 4:27
You must also understand that the devil has made it a personal mission to destroy your marriage. The question is, will you take it personally too? Doing things together and being present for each other cannot be overemphasized. Do not leave cracks in the walls for the devil to slip through. Endeavour to always comfort one another, admonish, forbear, submit and bear one another’s burdens. As they say, the couple that prays together stays together. Therefore, you and your spouse must pray together.
Prayers to Overcome Troubles in your Marriage
- Every trouble in my marriage, be troubled in the name of Jesus.
- Any thing standing against my marriage, die now, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the power of God waste all problems in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Every seed of marital failure planted in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil shadow in my marriage, disappear forever, in the name of Jesus.
- Every stronghold built against my marriage, collapse, in the name of Jesus.
- Any serpent in the garden of my marriage, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every problem in my marriage, I cut you off forever, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver my marriage from all manner of troubles, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I invite You fully into my marriage, in the name of Jesus.