Are you pregnant? Expecting a child? It is a most exciting and delightful period! A lot of things will happen over the next few months. From doctor’s appointments to routine medications to an expanding abdomen, it is safe to say that this journey will be as demanding, stressful, and exhilarating as it is exciting. Tighten your seatbelts!
Women are often referred to as the weaker vessel by virtue of their softness and tenderness. A woman is not tough like a man is; therefore, she requires prayers and encouragement, especially during pregnancy. You must not be negative and rigid towards your wife during her pregnancy. These weak attributes should not influence a woman’s relationship with God or character negatively.
One of the best things that can happen to an expectant mother is getting closer to God. As your baby is growing, are you growing spiritually as well? Many things are expected of us as Christian women.
The virtuous wife
A virtuous wife does everything possible to preserve her respect and trust for her husband at all times. Even during her pregnancy, she endeavors to be good to her husband and her household. Irrespective of how weak her body is, she remains strong in character and never loses her respect.
She maintains her life of industry and kindness and though she may not participate fully because of her pregnancy, she plans her timetable and gives instructions with respect and wisdom.
A virtuous woman knows that her chief calling is to take care of her home. They are not wasteful, quarrelsome or rude in character but instead are prayerful and careful in making choices. Her positive lifestyle influences everyone in her house to behave well, be sober and respectful.
“That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed”Titus 2:4-5
Related books in this post
Virtuous women work with eternity in view and as such is ready to do anything to help people get well and serve God. Even in pregnancy, she recognizes God’s ordained headship of her husband and submits to his authority.
“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord”Colossians 3:18
More often than not, men barely know past the fact that they’re going to be fathers. It goes beyond that! Every husband has so much to do during his wife’s pregnancy. It is the responsibility of a husband to bring out the best in his wife. The husband is the head of the wife and the head of the man is Christ, while the head of Christ is God.
A good husband who understands what a head is to the body cannot plan alone. He must stay with his wife, plan with her spiritually and provide all her earthly needs. As the head, he must plan for the welfare of the whole family including the baby in the womb. This is a God’s given responsibility. He prays together with his wife and provides for the entire family. Christ was fully involved with His disciples until the end; thus in the same way, husbands should be fully involved with their wives during pregnancy.
Unfortunately, some unreasonable husbands insist that their wives sweep, wash, cook, and do all the work alone, even in their ninth month of pregnancy. They cannot allow their wives to rest, even when it is clear they are weak and need to rest. Even at their wives’ sick beds, they expect them to get up to wash the plates and clean the room. Instead, they know how to sympathize with everybody else except their wives.
Ironically, they also claim to be born-again, but beat their wives, abuse them and forbid them from complaining to others. Do you love your wife as Christ loves the church and gave His life for her? If you can care for others, Christ demands that you care more for your wife!
Related books in this post
Do not love only when you are sure of what you can get from your wife. You must establish your love in the written Word of God, which commands you to love. Christ’s love for us was sacrificial. Therefore, your love for your wife must be sacrificial before God accepts it.
“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends”John 15:13
During pregnancy, husbands must always seek the face of God for their wives; this is one of the best ways to truly demonstrate your devotion to your wife and family.
Prayers for Pregnant Women
- Every weakness that is designed to destroy my divine character, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and deliver me from strange weaknesses, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that wants to use my pregnancy to ruin my Christian life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, speak life unto my baby in the womb, in the name of Jesus.
- Every weapon of witchcraft against my pregnancy, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, saturate my womb and protect my pregnancy, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my relationship with God and man be preserved within and outside this pregnancy, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that wants to attack my virtue during my pregnancy, die, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject evil weakness that was designed to abort my pregnancy, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me to respect my husband throughout my pregnancy period, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me to maintain peace and joy during my pregnancy, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every good thing inside me be sustained during this pregnancy, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to take any negative action during this pregnancy, in the name of Jesus.
- I frustrate demons of miscarriage in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, cover my womb and protect my baby to Your own glory, in the name of Jesus.