Marriage has always been under attack. Every marriage has enemies that attack it. The devil, the world are all strongly opposed to marriage, especially to distinctly Christian marriages. Given that God created marriage in order to edify and strengthen his people, it should come as no surprise that it is a perpetual battleground. Some of these enemies have succeeded in ruining countless families. A lot of things can pose as enemies in marriages. Here are three enemies that can destroy your marriage.
Money is an essential tool for living. Therefore, a lack of it can cause a lot of conflict and resentment in a marriage overtime. Some families do not manage their money wisely. They do not have any plan for the money that comes in. As a result, they spend nearly all of it and go as far as borrowing to make up for it. In the end, they run into debts they are unable to pay for. By this time, other issues begin to arise. Any family that cannot plan its finances together to suit their income will definitely not see the light of day in the long run. Wisdom should be applied to managing resources in every family.
Related books in this post
LACK OF LOVE AND AFFECTION:
When one person ceases to love the other, a problem ensues. Resentment, hatred, anger, malice, impatience become the order of the day. Your marriage suffers, and the devil is given enough room to come in and tear it apart even more. This often leads to constant quarrels and bickering, and it’s only a matter of time before one or both of you begins to seek solace in the arms of another.
“Neither give place to the devil”Ephesians 4:27
While this is going on, your marriage starts to fall apart. There is both physical, emotional, and spiritual separation, and eventually, there may be a divorce. Your children typically bear the brunt and suffer then! Therefore, daily and deliberate effort should be put into loving and understanding each other.
Related books in this post
Nothing good has ever come out of polygamy. Look at the life of Jacob and the two sisters he married. First, he was given the wrong choice, and determined as he was, he agreed to work for seven additional years so as to be able to marry Rachel. Eventually, they both started competing with childbirth, and they each gave their maids to Jacob to lie with in order to bear him more children, resulting in multiple children from different mothers.
“And Laban gave to Rachel his daughter Bilhah his handmaid to be her maid. And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years. And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren. And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me”Genesis 29:29-32
“And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die. And Jacob’s anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God’s stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?”
Polygamous wars causes a strain in your marriage. There will be unhealthy competitions as in the case of Leah and Rachel. Some even go diabolical in a bid to become the center of attention and lives have been lost. It equally breeds a lot of suspicion and hatred among children in the family.
Humble yourself and ask God for help and wisdom in your marriage today and this will not be your portion in Jesus’ name.
Prayers Against Enemies of Marriage
- I command the spirit of fighting, quarrelling, lying and dishonesty in my marriage to die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver my marriage from hatred, violence and lust of the flesh, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that has soured my relationship with suspicion, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, uproot every evil thing that stands against my advancement, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject any relationship outside my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I terminate every periodical problem that is tormenting my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any wicked personality that is promoting problem in my family, die with your problems, in the name of Jesus.
- Let strife and controversies cease from existing in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give my partner and I understanding that will promote our marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy any devilish wisdom that exists in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.