Today, marriages are packing up as quickly as roadside vendors pack up once the rain showers. The rate of divorce keeps skyrocketing as though there’s a demand for it somewhere. Most of these marriages often start off on a good note but before we can truly appreciate the beauty of their union, tragedy strikes. As a result, it seems that God’s original plan for marriage is being defeated.
Divorce has often been the topic of debates across the world. However, we know that the Scripture was clear in its position on divorce. The Scriptures clearly revealed that divorce is not the perfect will of God, therefore, God forbids it!.
“It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery”Matthew 5:31-32
Related books in this post
God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost cannot change or lower His standards on marriage in order to suit the ‘modern’ men. He is still the same, yesterday, today and forever.
What are you doing wrong?
Christians are encouraged to pursue God’s perfect will as revealed through His Word, and not to compromise or lower the standards, regardless of pressures. In the scripture, pressure from the Israelites cost Moses his ticket to the promised land. The way the heart of this generation is hardened is the same way hearts of men were hardened in those days. It is very unfortunate that great ministers of God are altering the true teachings of Christ for selfish gains and interests and some are being pressurized into conforming to the new standard the ‘modern’ world has set.
More often than not, people have gone into marriage for material reasons completely disregarding God and his purpose for marriage. As Christians, the goal is to be Christ-like and one can only do that when you review the life of Christ and emulate his life. Lot chose by sight, but Jesus does not choose by sight. Sarah became impatient and influenced her husband to sleep with her maid, but Jesus cannot make mistakes. Worldly things forced the wife of Lot to look behind, but Jesus cannot look behind. Esau sold his birthright, but Jesus cannot. Onan was not faithful to redeem his brother’s name, but Jesus remains faithful.
“And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother’s wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother’s wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother”Genesis 38:8-9
Do not follow the crowd to break God’s commandment. Do not remove the ancient landmarks that God laid and it shall be well with you. The devil can come in different ways to destroy your marriage, he can prey on your weaknesses to cause division in your home. You cannot underestimate what devil could do with a little foothold in your marriage. A little pride or anger can give the devil a place. That is why the Scriptures admonished us to resist the devil even in our marriage. Usually, what happens when you fail to resist the devil is that he gains a place in your marriage.
What it takes
Without fruits of the Spirit, none would live any peaceful life with his wife or husband. This is because little manifestation of the works of flesh is capable of selling your home to devil.
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God”Galatians 5:19-21
Related books in this post
When you are not born again truthfully, you would likely manifest the works of the flesh. So many husbands and wives cannot sit together to plan for the future of their families. They do not discuss their challenges, share their burdens or pray over them. A state of prayerlessness can ruin any family and cause an end of any marriage. Many families have needs but they do not tell God about their needs.
Similarly, so many husbands and wives do not fellowship together or present their marriages to God in prayers. The devil uses such avenues to enter into such families and bring divorce. A great challenge lies before every family and when families do not pray together, it becomes impossible to fulfill the purpose of marriage. An unforgiving spirit is another seed of divorce.
When you are not intentional about these things, you will definitely miss a step and invite the devil into your home. Now is the time to be vigilant because the enemy of our souls roams about searching whom to devour. You must watch and pray because the rate of divorce among true believers is quite alarming.
Prayers to Triumph Over Divorce
- Every seed of divorce in my marriage, I reject you perfectly, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil pressure that has come to destroy my marriage, stop and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any door that was opened to the spirit of divorce in my marriage, close forever, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any damage that has been done in my marriage be repaired by force, in the name of Jesus.
- I recover double all the grounds that I lost to the spirit of divorce in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, expose all evil forces that are gathering against my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, speak death to the voice of divorce in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any battle that is going on to bring divorce in my marriage, end to my favor, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil personality that is behind the idea of divorce in my marriage, lose your brain, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to cooperate with agents of divorce for my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the anointing for marital breakthroughs possess my marriage now, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, bring Your perfect peace and love back in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, increase Your presence in my marriage by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, remove dishonesty, lying, anger and all works of the flesh from my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, speak Your Word of togetherness and love in my marriage today, in the name of Jesus.