What is Personal Deliverance
An English dictionary defined deliverance as the action of being rescued or set free. While this definition is true, I will attempt to give further details about the concept of personal deliverance; a concept that is not familiar to many Christians.
When Jesus gave born-again Christians the power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, He invited all believers to the ministry of deliverance. Therefore, individual believers, who exercise their authority in the Word of God, can understand that personal deliverance is simply a ministration of deliverance by every believer.
How to Deliver Yourself
To deliver yourself, you have to make sure that you confess all your sins and determine to forsake them. You have to be sincere with God, trusting Him to help you not to return to sins you repented of and confessed.
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy”Proverbs 28:13
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting”Galatians 6:7-8
No one can deceive God. He knows when you are sincere and when you are insincere. Promising God absolute obedience without determining sincerely to live for God is self-deceit and mockery of the divinity of God. You must be mindful also that every promise and confession made to God can be tested or tried before real and lasting answers from God come.
John 8:11, 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee… She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
1 Corinthians 3:13
Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
And when Jesus was come into Peter’s house, he saw his wife’s mother laid, and sick of a fever. And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them
It is foolishness, complete waste of time and invitation to more trouble for you to go for deliverance when you know you are not ready to forsake the sins you are confessing. It causes worst things to happen and prolongs your suffering. If you received freedom at all, it is fake and can be very disastrous. For devil to postpone your suffering in order to allow a temporary deliverance can be very destructive and disheartening.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented
Turning away from sin is the most important prerequisite for all deliverance. Sinners, occultists and all rich people without reference to Christ may have their feast days now. But one thing is sure; they cannot have any safe days. Their days are cursed and God’s wrath remains upon them. Without true repentance, whatever you are pursuing now or already have cannot deliver you when God’s anger descends.
So when you have received Christ as your Lord and Savior, having repented of your sins, and have determined to forsake them, the next thing to do is to approach God with praise, worships and songs of thanksgiving for God’s goodness and mercy upon your life. You have to trust God to keep you alive henceforth, and He will deliver you from every problem and hopeless situations.
Prayers for Deliverance
- As I praise, worship and thank God now, let my deliverance manifest, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, I trust in Your Word for my deliverance, in the name of Jesus. (See Matthew 8:5-13).
- Lord Jesus, touch my body for immediate healing and deliverance, in the name of Jesus. (See Matthew 8:14-15).
- Every yoke of ancestral sin in my life, break, in the name of Jesus.
- I breathe the Holy Ghost fire for my deliverance now, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the power of the Holy Ghost knock out my problems, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to obey every command from Jesus Christ, possess me, in the name of Jesus. (See Matthew 12:10-13).
- Every demonic property in my possessions, I destroy you now, in the name of Jesus. (See Acts 19:18-19).
- I plead the blood of Jesus over every problem in my life, in the name of Jesus. (See Revelation 12:11).
- Every covenant keeping me in bondage, break, , in the name of Jesus.
- I drink the blood of Jesus for my deliverance, in the name of Jesus.
- I loose myself from satanic bondage, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and cast out every evil spirit behind my problems, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every demon in-charge of my case to go, in the name of Jesus. (See Matthew 8:28-32).
- Let God’s special touch for my deliverance take place now, in the name of Jesus. (See Matthew 14:35-36).
- I command every evil presence in my home to disappear, in the name of Jesus.
- Every stubborn demon in my life, I rebuke you, in the name of Jesus. (See Matthew 17:14-18).
- O Lord, arise and heal me by Your power, in the name of Jesus. (See Matthew 19:2)
- I lay my hand upon my life for my immediate deliverance, in the name of Jesus. (See Mark 6:4-6).
- I silence every evil voice that is speaking against my deliverance, in the name of Jesus. (See Mark 1:23-29).