Being a believer does not somehow exempt you from temptation from the devil and his agents. This is the point where they will entice you with the things you love the most, and when you yield, you become their slave and a potential candidate for premature death. The worst thing that can happen to a believer is to yield to temptations and backslide.
God allows you to be tested and tempted to reveal your inner strength or weakness, so you can learn to lean on Him. Through temptation, you learn and prove your faith, loyalty, and faithfulness to God. If you overcome temptation, God will protect you, but if you fall, the devil gains control of your life, and you become exposed to his attacks at any time.
Contrary to popular belief, it is the yielding to temptation that is the sin, not the temptation itself.
Related books in this post
“3Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?”Romans 6:16, 13-14
Sin comes with a lot of things, one of which is the bondage of premature death. One who yields to the devil and falls into temptation has rejected God’s protection. You become a traitor and an outcast in God’s eyes; a prisoner of the devil. You risk having your name removed from the book of life and written in the book of premature death. Everything will be against you. God forsakes you, and the devil attacks you at will.
When you yield to the temptations of the devil, he draws you away from the light and from God, and you begin to backslide. A backslidden believer is a devil’s slave, his conscience seared with a hot iron. Sorrow and affliction are his portion, and as long as he lives on earth, the wrath of God will follow him. He is a spiritually dead person, and the shadow of sickness, terror, shame, incurable disease, and death hangs over his head.
Related books in this post
A Changed Heart
If you are a backslider, if you have yielded to temptation, you don’t have to remain where you are. You can be free from the power of darkness. There is a way out. Repentance, restitution, and consecration are the immediate steps you must take. This can turn the wrath of God away and restore you to His favor.
Cry to God for His mercy, forgiveness, and grace so you can live right before Him again. Seek fellowship with God again through fervent prayers. As you return to God in repentance, repair your altar and lay your life before God. He will prolong your life so you can fulfill your destiny.
Prayers Against Premature Death
- Every invitation I gave to premature death to my life, I withdraw you by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, repurchase my life from the captivity of death, in the name of Jesus.
- Every demon of death that is following me about is discharge by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I command my life to escape from the captivity of death, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, resurrect every dead thing that will make me happy in life, in the name of Jesus.
- I terminate every program of premature death against my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let blood of Jesus cleanse any sin that would attract premature death, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every yoke of sin in my life that has vowed to drag me to premature death and hell break, in the name of Jesus.
- Let suﬀering and hardship that come from premature deaths leave my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, speak me out from premature deaths, in the name of Jesus.
- Let redeeming power in Christ Jesus redeem me fully from every sin, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the power to sin no more, in the name of Jesus.