One of the first things on the mind of a fresh graduate is getting a job. Earning a living brings fulfillment in so many ways. You may be a fresh graduate or you may be seeking a new job, hoping to get called for interviews. A lot of times, some of the jobs you desire may be out of your reach. You might even be unqualified for it. Nevertheless, who can say otherwise when God qualifies you? When you’re preparing for any interview, you must put your whole confidence in God. He can do anything for the sake of His children who trust in him.
“For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken”Proverbs 3:26
Let’s talk about Esther. Esther was in no way qualified for the role of a queen. She didn’t even come from a place worth mentioning. She was a slave! However, when all the fair young virgins were to be interviewed in Shushan, Mordecai encouraged Esther to trust in God and attend. They all came into the custody of Hege, the king’s chamberlain and keeper of the women. As a slave, Esther was not known or recognized. Esther had no father or mother, but Mordecai brought her up as his own child.
Related books in this post
“Now in Shushan the palace there was a certain Jew, whose name was Mordecai, the son of Jar, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish, a Benjamite; Who had been carried away from Jerusalem with the captivity which had been carried away with Jeconiah king of Judah, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away. And he brought up Hadassah, that is, Esther, his uncle’s daughter: for she had neither father nor mother, and the maid was fair and beautiful; whom Mordecai, when her father and mother were dead, took for his own daughter”Esther 2:5-7
Esther had learned about God from Mordecai, and so she put all her trust in God when she was taken to the king’s palace. She obtained favor and kindness from people at the palace, and in turn, everything she needed was provided. Esther was not qualified because she was a slave girl, but she was bold and had faith in God.
Eventually, Esther passed all the required tests and found favor in the king’s sight, who loved her above all other virgins. She received the royal crown upon her head and became queen. Likewise, when you do all that you are supposed to do and trust God through prayer and fasting, you will surely get the job that God has for you at the right time.
Related books in this post
It is possible that the need to get a job might tempt you into desperation, but do not stop trusting God because you have not gotten a job. Do not use any evil means to acquire a job. The king ignored Mordecai and promoted Haman to the job that belonged to Mordecai. Haman did Mordecai’s job, while Mordecai remained the gatekeeper at the king’s gate. Though he was not promoted, he did not stop praying and trusting God.
Sometimes in your search for a job, you may be denied the job you desire, but as a child of God, you must keep praying and believing God that you will receive a better job and recover all you may have lost.
Prayers for Job Interviews
- Father Lord, make my appearance to be acceptable to the panel, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my presentation convince my interviewers by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I command unmerited favor to follow me in my job interview, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the hearts of my interviewers favor me in this interview, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, pour Your spirit of grace upon excellence and me to perform well, in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of failure upon my life in this interview, beak to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything that must happen for me to get this job to the glory of God, happen now, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, if You must kill, kill, if You must destroy, destroy, for me to get this job, in the name of Jesus.
- I disgrace agents of devil that have vowed to stop me from getting this job, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and use this interview to advance me in life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the people that will decide on my case favor me, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, raise me up through this interview without rivals, in the name of Jesus.