As is frequently stated, children are the future. And this is accurate. This is why whatever you plant in them now will definitely yield fruit. The question of how to raise a child in a godly manner is indeed a loaded one. I have often come across children who leave one question in my mind, “Do they have parents at all?” It is one thing to have children, and another thing for them to be well trained.
Today’s society is filled with children exhibiting traits and characteristics that leave you wondering what the parents are doing. Raising children well is not an easy task, but wise parents seek God’s direction on how to raise their children.
Related books in this post
Unfortunately, a lot of parents neglect their primary duties as parents and pursue other seemingly important things in their lives. Some parents don’t care what their children do, where they go, or who they spend their time with. Others have destroyed any chance of proper training by leading bad lives, and since children tend to always reenact what they have seen, they end up just like their parents or worse. Their background always plays a big role in how they eventually turn out.
“9Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons’ sons; 10Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children”Deuteronomy 4:9-10
Nevertheless, this behavior has consequences. It is harmful to keep the rod away from children or to ignore the need to correct them when necessary. Your kids will gain knowledge about the world they live in and how they fit into it. If they don’t learn from you, someone else will teach them. It’s your duty to make the most of your time with your children. You are either going to prepare them to follow God or to follow the world.
“6Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it”Proverbs 22:6
Related books in this post
Walking in Love
When Jesus came, he showed the world what true love is all about, Both in demonstrating the Father’s love for us and in demonstrating His love for us. In the same way, in a parent-child relationship, there is no need to be unreasonable or manifest excessive anger. The highest calling you can exercise is to walk in love. Learn to teach and discipline your children in love and according to the Word of God.
Your children will not always be with you. Therefore, now is the time to equip them with the necessary tools they will require for their life’s journey. However, do not attempt to do it alone. Don’t forget that God is there to help and that you can always rely on Him.
Prayer points for Children
- Lord Jesus, I dedicate my children to You, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive divine wisdom to train my children in a godly way, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that is drawing my children away from God, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every evil character overtaking my children to die, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to love the Word of God, fall upon my children, in the name of Jesus.
- Every mark of destruction upon my children, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Any weapon of destruction organized for the sake of my children, be wasted, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, impart Your Spirit into my children, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost power, guide my children in the way of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, command my children to follow godly paths, in the name of Jesus.