Temptation has been in existence since the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve, our first parents, were tempted by the devil in the form of a serpent. They fell for the deception and into a trap of death and loss.
Today, the devil hasn’t changed. He still employs the same old tricks to get you to fall out of God’s presence. The worst that can happen to you is for you to yield to temptation thereby backsliding. When you become a believer, the devil and his agents will not stop tempting you.
Temptation in itself is not a sin, but yielding to it is a sin.
Related books in this post
“3Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?”Romans 6:16, 13-14
When sin comes into your life, it comes with the bondage of premature death. A lot of times, God allows you to be tested or tempted to reveal your inner strength or weakness. Jesus Christ was tempted in the wilderness! Through temptation, you learn and prove your faith, loyalty, and faithfulness to God. If you overcome temptation, God will protect you, but when you fall, the devil gains control of your life and you are exposed to his attacks at any time.
Yielding to the devil and falling into temptation causes you to reject God’s protection and backslide. A backslidden believer is a slave of the devil, who sears his conscience with hot iron. You become a traitor and an outcast before God; a captive to the devil. Everything will be against you at this point, and you will not enjoy God’s protection anymore. The devil attacks you at will now.
Living outside the grace of God comes with many consequences. Your blessings will be turned into curses. Sorrow and affliction become your portion. You become spiritually dead and the shadow of sickness, terror, shame, incurable disease, and death hangs upon your head.
Related books in this post
Fortunately, you don’t have to remain under the power of darkness for long. Return to God, your rock of safety. Regardless of how far off you may have gone, cry to God for His mercy, forgiveness, and grace to live right before Him again. Pursue fellowship with Him through fervent prayer. While prayer, fighting, or deliverance is not the only way out, you need to truly repent. Repentance, restitution, and consecration are the immediate steps you must take in order to turn the wrath of God away and restore you back to God’s favor.
“32And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. 36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed”John 8:32, 36
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly”John 10:10
As you return to God in repentance, repair your altar and lay your life before God. He will prolong your life so you can fulfill your destiny.
Prayers against Premature Death
- Let the redemption power in the blood of Jesus redeem me from premature death, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the power to sin no more, in the name of Jesus.
- Any manipulation that is going on against my life from hell, die, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive grace to overcome temptations that were designed to hand me over to death, in the name of Jesus.
- Let blood of Jesus cleanse any sin that would attract premature death, in the name of Jesus.
- Let redeeming power in Christ Jesus redeem me fully from every sin, in the name of Jesus.
- Every good thing I have lost to the spirit of death and hell, I recover you double, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my body, soul and spirit reject and overcome death, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood and stripes of Jesus, terminate every problem in my life, in the name of Jesus.