I like to think that God thought the institution of marriage through before creating it. What do the confines of marriage not provide? Marriage is a sacred covenant built on commitments that promise to withstand adversities. Christ’s commitment to the church, His redeemed people, makes this covenant evident.
Unfortunately, half the time spent in relationships sometimes does not amount to anything afterwards. Most of the time, you do not involve God in any of them. You may not think of God as a romantic, but you can never experience beauty and romance in its truest form without God. It only makes sense because he created love and romance. Marriage was his idea in the first place! God’s purpose for marriage is, among other things, partnership, procreation, pleasure, protection, purity, preservation, and provision. None of these things can be found anywhere else but in marriage.
You may have succeeded in making good choices in other areas of your life, but knowing how significant this is for you, when it comes to marriage, you need to consult God from the beginning. Therefore, in the area of marriage, he alone has the eyes to see what or who is perfect for you. Samuel would have made a terrible mistake in his choice of the first king of Israel. He had been carried away by the physique and endowments before him.
However, you can make or mar your own future by the decisions you make on the road to marriage. No matter what you see and know about a person, your knowledge is limited. There is credible information about you or your intended partner that only God knows. God is eternal, all-knowing, and incapable of deception. Appearances can be deceptive as well as empty promises, but they cannot deceive God.
Related books in this post
It goes without saying that God’s way is not the simplest route. However, it is much more beautiful and fulfilling than any superficial, pleasure-seeking, self-constructed relationship could ever be. Purity is valued when God builds a relationship; it is not mocked. Family is respected rather than shunned. Romance is carefully nurtured; it is not rushed.
Though the outcome may not be what you had hoped for, keep in mind that choosing God’s path always results in victory and joy. Ask God to replace your desires with His desires if you are experiencing frustration, disillusionment, or impatience in this or any other area of your life. The only way your wants may be purified and satisfied by the One who created you and loves you more than you can possibly comprehend is when you take pleasure in Him.
Your marriage will never lack God’s grace and glory when you trust God and allow Him to lead you. Likewise, no good thing will lack in your marriage according to His Word. So why would you not trust Him and get the best from Him?
Related books in this post
Prayers for a Happy Married Life
- I command a perfect life partner to manifest and appear before me, in the name of Jesus.
- Power that will bring my partner where I am, manifest and do so by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, give me a life partner that would never expire or fade before my eyes, in the name of
- Let the marriage that would give me God’s best in partnership, pleasures and fulfillment appear, in
- the name of Jesus.
- Let that person that was ordained by God to fulfill my purpose of procreation, protection and provision appear, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers that mislead others in the choices of marriage and are now fighting against me, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, I need You to lead me into the right marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any marriage that was designed to ruin my destiny, I reject you, in the name of Jesus.