In this spirit of love and season of marriage, there’s a lot going on. Preparations are being made for the wedding and other festivities that may follow. The anticipation of marriage’s bliss topples each other. It is truly something to witness!
This is why it’s extremely sad to see a lovely union come to an abrupt end, sometimes without plausible reasons. The truth is, nobody really sets out for an unsuccessful marriage. However, a lack of understanding of the covenant that is marriage and what it entails can hinder the success of your marriage. Is marriage a covenant? You might ask
The marriage covenant is a lifetime covenant. In this particular case, God does not expect it to be broken. Unfortunately, “modern” society has created a way out, an escape from marriage whenever it suits you or when things don’t seem to be going as planned. While everyone desires to marry (or be married), few people really take the time to study and understand the true meaning of the covenant of marriage.
Related books in this post
Many people rush into marriage without planning what they want to get out of it. Others know what they are supposed to get but do not know how to get it. Some depend on their partners and are ready to take anything from them. Because of this, many people have married whomever it was that came to marry them. Failure to discover what God has said or His plans for your marriage will lead into accepting whatever the devil or his agents offer you.
God is a witness between any man and woman who enter into this marriage covenant. God monitors every detail of a man’s or a woman’s actions towards each other. You cannot dissolve a marriage once it is contracted and confirmed. God commanded that a married couple should stay together for the rest of their lives, and as such, he hates treacherous dealings in marriage.
Therefore, it is wrong to rush into marriage or be careless over the choice of your partner. Covenant is a very serious issue because it can cause a lot of pain if broken carelessly. Once it is broken, every other covenant concerning your life will be affected. It brings reproach and the seizure of inheritance. It causes its victims to lose their blessings to strangers and aliens.
As soon as marriage is ordained, it becomes an unalterable and irrevocable commitment. Breaking the covenant of marriage is no mere thing because it can ruin a generation yet to be born. If you decide to separate from your partner and live apart, you will be tempted to sin. If you get divorced or remarry, then you are living on earth committing adultery, and this is contrary to the Word of God.
Related books in this post
Once the covenant of marriage is broken, it destroys your affection and your character. The emergence of hatred at home can signal the failure of a marriage. Other things that could break any marriage include having an unforgiving spirit and being inconsiderate and unmerciful. At this point, you will no longer regard the consequence of your actions as something that would attract God’s judgment.
What you don’t practice, you preach against. You may begin to question certain principles that guide marriage over time. principles you once believed in. You may even write, teach, and preach to others about deviating from your faith. But if you intend to keep the marriage covenant, you will always show mercy and forgiveness to your partner.
Prayers for a Happy Married Life
- O Lord, You know the best partner that is t for me. Let him/her appear now, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers that mislead others in the choices of marriage and are now fighting against me, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Let fake life partners that are coming my way fade away by force, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, I need You to lead me into the right marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, be in-charge of my marriage from the beginning to the end, in the name of Jesus.
- You, my will, plan and purpose, give way to God to rule and reign forever, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, You are the best matchmaker, have Your way and link me to the best partner, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject every marriage that was arranged by hell and I accept the one that was arranged by heaven, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the glory of my marriage appear, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my choice of marriage partner be used to bless the world, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, give me a life partner that would never expire or fade before my eyes, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me best partner that would help me to fufilll Your purpose, in the name of Jesus.