You will agree with me that sin can wreck havoc in our lives and in those around us, particularly persistent sin, which leads to moral and spiritual bankruptcy. Since Adam and Evil disobeyed God, the universe has been under the power of sin until Christ’s crucifixion. Sin reigned supreme, terrorizing all of humanity. Men were slaves to sin and its power.
Death is the ultimate result of sin, and we are all sinners. But as Christians, we are united to Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. Sin will not destroy us because it has already been destroyed by the death of Jesus Christ. The power of sin has been broken, and the penalty of death has been paid.
Related books in this post
Though the penalty for our sin was paid for on the cross, you can still become a slave to sin by the way you live. Its grip on you gets stronger every time you engage in one sin or the other. Each day that you tolerate sin, it grows, develops and enslaves you until you are unable to resist its pull anymore. Sin darkens your understanding, deceives your heart and renders you useless. It defiles your body and enslaves your soul.
How can you be rid of the power of sin?
With the power of sin operating, no one can see God. He is pure and cannot behold iniquity. If the world can do without sin, then its power will be broken. The only way you can truly be free from the power of sin is through Jesus. Jesus is the way, truth, and life. He is the only true solution to every problem and stronghold of sin. He is capable of rescuing vile reprobates and releasing captives.
“Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God”Matthew 5:8
Related books in this post
Jesus can transform the world’s worst terrorist into a conquering warrior of righteousness. He transformed Paul and Mary Magdalene. In the same way, he is able to transform you too. That is why you need to be born again. Without Christ, the power of sin keeps your heart deceived, wicked, defiled, and enslaved. True repentance and resolve to forsake sin by the grace of what Christ Jesus did on the cross is the only solution for freedom from all sin. God is equally ready to forgive the sins you confess and are ready to forsake.
“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”Matthew 11:28-30
Prayers Against the Power of Sin
- Blood of Jesus, speak death over the power of sin, in the name of Jesus.
- Every wave of sin on the air, receive confusion, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every sin to be rejected, in the name of Jesus.
- Any sin that has entered into the world through Adam, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every backbone of sin, be broken, in the name of Jesus.
- Every sponsor of sin, be discovered and destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the stronghold of sin collapse this day, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver all sinners from the captivity of the devil, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, thank You for Your power above every other power, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power promoting sin in the nations of the world, die by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, arise in Your anger and put the power of sin to shame, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the anointing from God to overcome sin fall upon the world, in the name of Jesus.