Our colleges and universities are primarily attended by young people. These young people are driven to seek their futures with zeal by their ideas, ambitions, wants, and desires. They strive to lead idealistic lives and frequently disregard the counsel of wiser people regarding the harsh facts of life.
Consequently, they usually fall into diverse problems like loneliness, rejection, failure, etc. Some of these youths are victims of broken homes and are subjects to contradictory values about life in general.
“And, behold, one of the children of Israel came and brought unto his brethren a Midianitish woman in the sight of Moses, and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her belly. Therefore, the plague was stayed from the children of Israel. And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand”(Numbers 25:6-9).
Related books in this post
Youths know how to live by the standards and values of their peers, the media, leaders, etc. This has caused so many youths to find themselves in unexpected and unpleasant situations. Whenever problems trap, they begin to look for desperate ways out. Some of them join bad gangs as a result.
Some people turn to illicit sex, which is only permitted in marriage, for comfort and fulfillment. Some people turn to drugs in an effort to attain the fulfillment and significance in life that can only be found in Christ. Others travel to fight for causes and revolutions to secure their own freedom. Some use music as a means of expression and communication. Others pursue fashion in order to stand apart.
Youths are a group of people that are passing through early phases of life and they are full of vigor, vitality and ideas, wanting to spend them on something worthy. Our youths need positive direction and guidance. When they are rightly guided, they will be capable to do exploits. Youths need proper mobilization. Otherwise, they may waste their treasures for other things or remain ineffective.
The world is filled with army of energetic, zealous, aggressive and gifted youths, who could be very instrumental to the betterment of our world when equipped and commissioned. It is important for every youth to discover his or her talents, gifts and leadership qualities while in college or universities. Without that, many youths will come out of school to be part of the problems in societies. They need God and without God’s knowledge, their strength will be diverted against God’s plan. If that happens, the world will suffer just like in the time of Noah.
“And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. In addition, they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, who is top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth”(Genesis 11:2-9).
Young, ardent, and combative youths, the sons of Noah were well-equipped but not divinely appointed. God was not pleased with them since they carried out their actions against His desire. Young people who wish to succeed must make every effort to develop a personal relationship with God.
Related books in this post
Prayers of Excellence for Youths
- Father Lord, help me to interpret my vision in this school, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil spirit that has followed me to this school, I cast you out, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from the bondage of any evil altar and its priests, in the name of Jesus.
- Every demonic force that attacks people in this school, I am not your candidate, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, single me out for academic excellence in this school, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the thunder of God destroy every enemy of my academics in this school, in the name of Jesus.
- I withdraw my destiny from the captivity of campus altars, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the strongman of this institution to bow down before me, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the spirit of God empower me for academic excellence in first-class grade, in the name of Jesus.
- Every destroyer of knowledge in this school, I break myself from your evil control, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, burn enemies of my academic destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy powers that want to force me to serve devil in this place, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, pattern my life as a youth according to Your perfect plan, in the name of Jesus.
- I will use my youthful strength to the glorify of God in this school, in the name of Jesus.
- Any arrow of evil diversion that was fired at my life, backfire, in the name of Jesus.