What is a Covenant?
A covenant is a mutual understanding between two or more parties, each binding itself to fulfill specific obligations. It is also a legal contract. It is a binding agreement to do or not to do specified things.
- God designed covenant to establish friendship (See 1 Samuel 18:3).
- To establish basis for mutual protection and benefit (See Genesis 26:28-29).
- To guarantee alliance or assistance in times of war (See 1 Kings 15:18).
A fact about covenant is that as soon as it is confirmed, it becomes unutterable or irrevocable.
“And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel”(Genesis 3:15).
Related books in this post
In a covenant, legal representative represents self, the people and the children (born and unborn) from generation to generation. Unless you break such covenants publicly or with the other party, you remain bound and suffer consequences, even when you are a true Christian.
Christian life qualifies you to resist the devil against any evil covenant operating in your life through the help of Jesus Christ. That is why James admonished that we must resist the devil for him to flee. Likewise, Paul likened Christian life to fighting a warfare and wrestling.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places”(Ephesians 6:12).
“Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, where unto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses”(1 Timothy 6:12).
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”(2 Corinthians 10:3-5).
If you refuse to fight or wrestle, some old things would not leave on their own. Covenant is an irrevocable commitment that you must confront and break. That was what David did when the blood of Abner approached his throne to cause a personal and national disaster.
“And afterward when David heard it, he said, I and my kingdom are guiltless before the LORD for ever from the blood of Abner the son of Ner: Let it rest on the head of Joab, and on all his father’s house; and let there not fail from the house of Joab one that hath an issue, or that is a leper, or that leaneth on a staff, or that falleth on the sword, or that lacketh bread”(2 Samuel 3:28- 29).
The most effective type of covenant is blood covenant. For instance, a person that broke a lady’s virginity entered into blood covenant with the lady, which she must break at all cost. Whether or not it is sanctioned by the government, abortion is still a blood covenant. Abortion blood can be used as a weapon against states and to sever ties with other countries. It can wail in opposition to a person, a family, or an entire country. Various calamities might result from bad covenants or curses. Bloodshed and idolatry are extremely destructive.
Related books in this post
What is the Best Way out of Negative Covenants?
- Repent truly and fervently.
- Determine to fight your battle and ask the Holy Spirit to assist you.
- Break all evil covenants and curses from their roots.
- Silence the crying of blood in your foundation.
- Appropriate and invoke the blood of Jesus.
- Withdraw yourself from any bondage.
- Have faith in God.
- Live a holy life
- Endeavour to be baptized with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
Prayers Against Evil Covenants
- Father Lord, deliver me from the woes of evil relationships, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil personality that is standing between my creator and I, be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that wants to take the place of Christ in my life, I disengage you, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy any evil design to keep me out of good relationships, in the name of Jesus.
- Let envy and rivalries that exist in my relationships be exposed and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and lose myself from evil dedication that is frustrating my relationships, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and empower me to keep good relationships, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil covenant that is frustrating my relationships, break, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, deliver me from parental curses that are affecting my relationships, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy family idols that are waging war against my relationships, in the name of Jesus.
- I cast out demons that are militating against my relationship, in the name of Jesus.
- I terminate any fellowship with evil spirits, in the name of Jesus.
- I deliver myself from inherited bondage of evil relationship, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, flow into my foundation and deliver me from troubles, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, flush out evil characters in my life, in the name of Jesus.