There may be times in your life when you experience distress and become overwhelmed by what life has to offer. Problems seem to be closing in on you and things seem to be slipping away from you. It appears as though your adversaries are prevailing over you. Stress may result from this. Worry becomes a constant companion.
David was a man who faced lots of stress, trouble, and problems in his life. He started with running away from Saul’s wrath and encountering circumstances where his life was threatened. And then came his enemies, who fought and oppressed him constantly at every chance they got, trying to swallow him. Jeremiah was one such man. He equally went through lots of trouble and stress.
Related books in this post
However, one thing these men had in common was that God was with them. He purposely allowed them to pass through that phase. Sometimes, God can allow you pass through this phase. In your seasons of distress, He expects that you recognize that he is available and able to help you. These men called on him for help. They trusted God. This is what you should do too. While no amount of worry can help you, turning to God and putting your trust in him can make all the difference. When Jeremiah cried out to God in his time of stress, God heard his voice and delivered him from all his enemies.
If you call on God today, He can hear your voice as well. Allow him to take all the stress and burden away. Stress does not last long when you do. It is important to pray because, during such times, God’s mercy is never far away.
Prayers to Overcome Stress
- Heavenly Father, empower me to overcome stress, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the root of stress in my life dry up and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I tear down and smash every stronghold of stress in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I come against the power of stress in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every hindrance to peace in my life, be removed by force, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every problem in my life that originated from stress be wasted, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the voice of Christ destroy the voice of stress in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, repair all damages that stress has caused me, in the name of Jesus.
- I loose myself from the grip of distress, in the name of Jesus.
- Every stronghold of stress in my life, collapse, in the name of Jesus.