What is Honeymoon?
“Honeymoon” initially referred to the time period that comes after a wedding, during which a couple takes a vacation together. Many newlyweds consider this time as a period of peacefulness immediately after getting married. It is commonly believed that the first month of marriage is the most pleasant, characterized by a unique sense of unity after forming a new bond. To celebrate this occasion, newlyweds usually go on a trip or vacation to enjoy their honeymoon.
“And what man is there that hath betrothed a wife, and hath not taken her? Let him go and return unto his house, lest he die in the battle, and another man take her”(Deuteronomy 20:7).
“When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken”(Deuteronomy 24:5).
Related Books in this post
“Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth”(Proverb 5:18).
The scriptures allow newly married men to take some time off to be with their wives, and this was also confirmed by Moses who exempted them from going to war for a period. According to the Law of Moses, they were excused from all forms of work and were expected to stay at home for a year to make their wives happy, celebrate and rejoice with them.
However, in modern times, most people usually observe their honeymoon for a full month instead. This period should be used to strengthen their commitment to God, His teachings, and to each other. It is an opportunity for the couple to reevaluate their faith and ensure that they are on the same page.
“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?”(2 Corinthians 13:5).
It is a time to review your past lives and tell yourselves the truth. It is a time to review all your activities from the beginning of the relationship until the wedding. It is also a time to reconcile how much money that was spent and how much that is available. This is the only way to know if you have incurred debts during your wedding. You also need to discuss with your partner how much both of you have in bank accounts. Honeymoon is the best time to discuss the future of your new family.
Related Books in this post
Prayers During Honeymoon
- Father Lord, lead us and perfect your will in our lives in our honeymoon, in the name of Jesus.
- Every enemy of our honeymoon, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, flow into our life and speak to us during our honeymoon, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, direct your angels to guide us in our honeymoon, in the name of Jesus.
- We dedicate our marriage fully to You, O Lord, through our honeymoon, in the name of Jesus.
- I cast out every unclean spirit that has joined us to this place, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every ghost of our past be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any curse that was issued against us by any living or dead person expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the activities of our enemies be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- We break inherited bondages from our parents, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and move this marriage forward, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, give us your divine program for this marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, destroy anything that is contrary to your will in this marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Every plan of God for this marriage, begin to manifest, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that was assigned to modify God’s will for this marriage, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.