Life is full of challenges, and we all need thorough preparation to face the challenges of life. The best time to start preparing for adulthood is in childhood. The development of the physical, emotional, temperamental, social, and spiritual aspects of our lives begins when we are young. These things shape who we became as adults.
Without adequate preparation, you may be disappointed sooner than you could imagine. You could be planning to set up a new business and buy a house, or acquire properties and get married, but Jesus is saying that you have to prepare yourself well because these things have their challenges too.
Related books in this post
The world is filled with uncompleted projects. Many have died without completing the good things they started, and as such, you must count the immediate and future costs of anything you want to do or that you are about to start even before you start it. The truth is that anything you do in life without considering God first is bound to fail.
Certain things, like marriage, require your growth in all aspects of your life. Before you think of marriage, you need to become independent of your parents. You need to develop a mature life of discipline, temperance, self-denial, and unselfishness.
You cannot jump into life without due preparation and succeed. You must be a child before you become a man. You must serve others before others serve you. Jesus Christ did not jump into life in haste. He came to save humanity, to die for our sins, but He did not act until He had thoroughly prepared Himself. He waited until it was time for action. Likewise, God gave Adam a great responsibility in the garden—to dress it and to keep it. Adam had a good job, so he was doing something before the Lord gave him a wife. This is a very important point for you to grasp. A life of industry is very important if you must face the challenges of life successfully.
Related books in this post
Bearing this in mind, as you prepare to marry and face the realities of life, make sure that you are on the same path with Jesus Christ. You cannot succeed without Christ, no matter how hard you try. However, you have to be mindful of the fact that the pressure of deciding whom to marry, whether to buy or rent a home, etc., can creep in. Hence, do not rush into your choice of a person to marry without making sure that God is leading you. Always ask God for wisdom and direction. You must determine to uphold God’s purpose for your life, especially in marriage. Whatever you do, you must keep eternity in mind when making decisions. Be determined to do the whole will of God and fulfill His whole purpose for your life.
Finally, the most important preparation is for you to have an intimate relationship with God through Jesus Christ. You must receive salvation, live a life of purity, and do everything to please God.
Prayers to Live and End your Life Well
- Father Lord, help me to overcome every challenge in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, command Your glory to manifest in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive power to face realities of life with grace, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every demonic pressure upon my life to disappear, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me to excel in every area of life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let God arise and repackage my old age to be glorious, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, speak peace into my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every author of failure in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, walk me to the end of my life by Your power, in the name of Jesus.
- Let God of perfect beginning, start a new work in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, remold and reshape my destiny to reflect Your glory, in the name of Jesus
- I will consider God in every action I will take in my life from henceforth, in the name of Jesus.