)Some personally closed heavens have their roots in the foundation of the family. In most cases, what a person does in his or her life lives on even after death. Ahab’s action against Naboth affected his entire household.
‘And will make thine house like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and like the house of Baasha the son of Ahijah, for the provocation wherewith thou hast provoked me to anger(1 Kings 21:22).
‘And it came to pass, when Ahab heard that Naboth was dead, that Ahab rose up to go down to the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, to take possession of it…. Behold, I will bring evil upon thee, and will take away thy posterity, and will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, And will make thine house like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and like the house of Baasha the son of Ahijah, for the provocation wherewith thou hast provoked me to anger, and made Israel to sin. And of Jezebel also spake the Lord, saying, the dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel. Him that dieth of Ahab in the city the dogs shall eat; and him that dieth in the field shall the fowls of the air eat’(1 Kings 21:16-24).
Related Book in this Post
It did not only close Ahab’s heavens but it also affected everyone born into his family. When a family’s heaven is closed, evil spirits take over, and the family’s posterity is taken away so that untimely death reigns over every member of that particular family. The consequences of closed heaven over a family are much.
When the heaven of an individual or a group of people is closed, the number of their enemies will multiply. All manner of problems set in including possible mass death, disgrace, insults and reproaches. It can breed desires to shed blood and number of curses permitted to operate will increase. There will be a denial of rights, benefits and entitlements and disregard to authority.
‘And Ahab had seventy sons in Samaria. And Jehu wrote letters, and sent to Samaria, unto the rulers of Jezreel, to the elders, and to them that brought up Ahab’s children, saying…. Then he wrote a letter the second time to them, saying, if ye be mine, and if ye will hearken unto my voice, take ye the heads of the men your master’s sons, and come to me to Jezreel by tomorrow this time. Now the king’s sons, being seventy persons, were with the great men of the city, which brought them up. And it came to pass, when the letter came to them, that they took the king’s sons, and slew seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent him them to Jezreel. And there came a messenger, and told him, saying, they have brought the heads of the king’s sons. And he said, Lay ye them in two heaps at the entering in of the gate until the morning’(2 Kings 10:1, 6-8).
When the heavens over Ahab’s family got closed, they became deficient spiritually. The effects of closed heavens manifested physically in Ahab’s family for more than three years. The first experience was when Ahab went to war, he was defeated and killed. Later, his wife, Jezebel, was despised, intimidated and thrown down from the window of her house. Her blood splashed on the wall and her body was trodden under feet by horses. She was eaten up by dogs leaving only her skull, feet and palms.
The seventy sons of Ahab in Samaria were not spared. They were killed and their heads were gathered in baskets and sent to Jezreel. They were laid in two heaps at the entrance of the city gate until the next morning. The family closed heaven affected the whole house of Ahab in Jezreel, his great men, king-folks and his priests.
‘Know now that there shall fall unto the earth nothing of the word of the Lord, which the Lord spake concerning the house of Ahab: for the Lord hath done that which he spake by his servant Elijah. So, Jehu slew all that remained of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, and all his great men, and his kinsfolks, and his priests, until he left him none remaining’(2 King 10:10-11).
When a family’s heaven is closed, disaster takes over and good things run away. The heaven over an individual, family, group, tribe, race or nation can be closed. When heaven is closed globally, recession, insecurity becomes the order of the day. When the heavens over a nation are closed, there will be national crises and all manner of problems will emerge.
When the heavens over the children of Israel were closed, they suffered defeat and were captured for seventy years. Within those years of closed heaven, they suffered in the hands of their enemies. Their cities were burnt and the walls of the temple broken down.
They went into slavery for seventy years. Their main cities were made desolate and solitary. The inhabitants went sore and their tears ran down their cheeks. Their comfort was taken away. They were betrayed by treacherous friends and were ruthlessly dealt with.
Israel went into captivity under a family closed heaven. They were greatly afflicted and made slaves among the heathen. They no longer had rest. They were persecuted and all their good days of feasting were aborted. Their adversaries became their chief slave masters and their young girls were deflowered by strangers. Their wealth was coveted by their enemies. Their beauty departed and their princes found no pastures. Their misery increased in the hands of their enemies. They were mocked, dishonoured, trodden under feet and swallowed up. All their inheritance went to strangers.
They were made orphans and widows. They suffered inhumanly and laboured for their enemies to enjoy an easy life. They were abandoned by God for seventy years because of their sins. Their heaven was closed up and their prayers could not reach the throne of God. The anger of the Lord was kindled against them. The temple of God was invaded by enemies, evil militants and herdsmen. The Levites, leaders and ministers were murdered without help. The house of God was burnt down completely and no pillar was left standing in the land. Congregational prayers and the prayers of corrupt elders failed except the neglected few believers, the young Daniel.
Related Book in this Post
‘They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled by casting down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground. They said in their hearts, let us destroy them together: they have burned up all the synagogues of God in the land’(Psalms 74:7-8).
Prayers to Command your Heavens Open
- I command evil thing in my foundation to die today, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the glory of God begin to manifest in my foundation, in the name of Jesus.
- You this day, take me to my place in life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the waters in the body of my unrepentant enemies be defiled to their confusion, in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, arise and clear my day from every evil pollution, in the name of Jesus.
- Darkness, take over the day of my unrepentant enemies and lead them to doom, in the name of Jesus.
- Every bad spirit in my foundation, come out and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, appear in my case and give me an immediate solution, in the name of Jesus.
- Every stubborn yoke that has remained in my life, break now, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that is assigned to prolong my bondage, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Let God intervene and deliver me today, in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, by Your power, move me away from destruction, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil power that is holding me in captive, release me today, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the chain of environmental captivity in my life break to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- By the anointing that breaks every yoke, I break the yoke of bondage in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every family bondage in my life, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord my God, arise and deliver me from every evil power, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the movements of my unrepentant enemies, be demobilized, in the name of Jesus.
- I climb up to the top ladder of financial breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil plantation of poverty that is in my life, wither and die by fire, in the name of Jesus.