So many things happen while we are awake, and yet so much more happen while we sleep. Sleep is a very important activity for everybody, and God sanctions it. He gives His children sleep to nourish their bodies and minds. However, sometimes God has other plans for us.
At times, God can use deep sleep to do His children good. When God wants to reveal Himself to His children, He causes deep sleep to come upon them. In the believer’s dreams, there is divine control. Children of God often see God and His heavens in their dreams and visions.
“21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 12And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him. 11And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. 16And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not”Genesis 2:21; 15:12; 28:11, 16
Related books in this post
When you have dreams, they should be scrutinized carefully so that you can follow God’s command. Samuel received his call while he was sleeping. Likewise, God caused Saul to sleep deeply so that David could prove his innocence before Saul. Vision can also come when deep sleep has fallen upon men. It is God’s will for His children to sleep in safety.
Therefore, children of God should not be denied their sleep because it is a gift of God to his beloved. But if you have lost your sleep, it could be that God wants you to settle something important through prayer. God, like Joseph, may give you instructions in your sleep. Joseph woke up from sleep and did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him.
So when God takes away your sleep, it must be for a reason. Apart from that, God gives His beloved sleep, and you must sleep soundly so that you can fulfill your destiny on earth. Finally, if God has taken away your sleep, ask Him what you must do through prayers. Pray for a sound sleep, and God will give you the grace to sleep well.
Prayers For Sound Sleep
- Father Lord, give me sound sleep and rest, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive anointing for sound sleep and peace of mind, in the name of Jesus.
- I dislodge evil forces that have invaded my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that attacks my sleeps, die, in the name of Jesus.
- I dislodge every monitoring spirit that is distracting my sleep, in the name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of sleepless night that was red into my life, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, flow into my eyes and give me sound sleep and rest, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the redeeming power of God deliver my eyes from sleeplessness, in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of God, burn every enemy of my sleep, in the name of Jesus.
- Every enemy of my sound sleep, receive double destruction, in the name of Jesus.