An addiction is a strong urge to do or consume something bad for your health. Even when you are aware that something is unhealthy for you, when you are addicted to it, you feel compelled to continue with it. Your addiction tempts you with a fleeting feeling of pleasure, but it ultimately harms you by diverting your attention from the one and only real source of fulfillment: God. Addicts often believe that they cannot survive without these harmful substances.
Many youths all over the world are in bondage as a result of addictions. A lot of times, it often starts off as a joke. In a bid to belong or identify with your group of friends or become famous, the devil lures you into indulging in this act. As a result, you cannot help yourself anymore, and you have no control over these addictions, leaving you confused.
Related books in this post
“For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do”Romans 7:14-19).
What you can do, the heights you can attain, what God has deposited inside of you, and who you can become can be limited by addictions. There are a lot of aspirations, visions, and potentials in the cemetery that were prematurely put to death by addiction. Do you want to be free from these addictions?
Related books in this post
If you are obsessed with drugs or possessed by the spirit of addiction, you can regain freedom through the name of Jesus. You may have tried to break free, but you have not been able to follow through. It suddenly feels as though you will drop dead any minute. This can leave you feeling hopeless and helpless.
Nevertheless, God is offering you a better way today: turn to him rather than to your addictions when you feel stressed. He is the only source of lasting satisfaction. God will not only offer you peace, he is also prepared to provide you with the direction and support you need to overcome your addictions. All you have to do is come to him now, surrender all your desires to him, and receive your freedom in Jesus name.
Prayer Points for Breaking Addictions
- Father Lord, deliver me from the bondage of drug addiction, in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of smoking in my life, break, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every desire for drugs in my life to die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and deliver me from spiritual slavery, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, flow into my life and destroy the spirit of addiction, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, empower me to hate drugs forever, in the name of Jesus.
- I cast out every demon of drugs upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver me from evil influences, in the name of Jesus.
- Any friend or enemy encouraging me to take drugs, I reject you and your drugs, in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, destroy my desires for drugs, in the name of Jesus.