All relationships and marriages go through periods when they face problems and challenges, and there are no exceptions. And so, when you experience problems, you have to understand that yours is not the first one there is. Marrying the wrong person can be quite dangerous as this can cause many troubles in the future. A bad marriage can result in conflicts, hostilities, and incessant problems.
Nevertheless, turning your back on your marriage when you encounter marital issues and considering separating from your spouse is never the ideal solution, especially when God has provided the perfect solution for every problem on earth.
Moses married Zipporah without seeking God’s consent, and he later discovered that she had a conviction that was quite different from his faith. He had just run away from Egypt and had nothing and nowhere to go. He needed accommodation badly and ended up marrying out of convenience.
Related books in this post
“Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters: and they came and drew water, and filled the troughs to water their father’s flock. And the shepherds came and drove them away: but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock. And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that ye are come so soon to day? And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock. And he said unto his daughters, And where is he? Why is it that ye have left the man? Call him, that he may eat bread”Exodus 2:16-20
Hannah also faced challenges in her marriage. She was childless for many years, and in such situations subsequently, separation or divorce usually seems like a good option. Yet she held on. Notice how she held on to God and handed him the reins of her marriage. Truly, God answered her. When you face challenges in your marriage, separation or divorce should not be an option for you, as is the trend today. You too can hand over the reins of your marriage to God.
Though Moses’ marriage came with its fair share of trouble and his wife was separated from him for a while, he allowed God to intervene and he got his wife and marriage back eventually. Would it not be wise to ask God to deal with your troubles instead? Your problems may not be similar to those of these people, but regardless, God has a perfect solution for whatever it may be. If you trust him with your marriage today, he is able to visit you, bless your marriage, and make you shine like a light for others to see.
Prayers to Prevent Separation of Couples
- Every arrow of separation that was fired at my marriage, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower my marriage for marital breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any evil character that is being used to cause separation of my marriage be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, make my relationship with my life partner better, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, keep my marriage in peace, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the habitation of problems in my marriage become desolate, in the name of Jesus.
- You my marriage, reject the pressure of separation, in the name of Jesus.
- Every problem that has vowed to bring separation to my marriage, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, empower my marriage to recover its glory, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, cause Your love to dwell in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.