Whenever the devil notices God’s great plan to bless and prosper you, he starts looking for ways to destroy you or your home so that you will not benefit from God’s blessings. One of the strategic areas he attacks successfully is people’s marriages. Once you start thinking about marriage, the devil begins to confront you with difficult situations with the purpose of keeping you away from God’s plans and blessings.
If you have not realized that the world is a battleground, you will fail easily, even where you are supposed to succeed, and that is why the Christian life is likened to wrestling, fighting, or warfare.
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Related books in this post
You must understand that great marriages face great challenges. The devil does not spare any person who plans to set up a family. He does not wish to see any family that is fruitfully blessed or multiplies in order to replenish the earth. So when you run into problems in your marriage, it isn’t time to seek alternatives like separation or divorce, like what is being practiced in our world today.
Believers should have no other alternative than God and His Word. God instituted marriage and, as such, is able to provide solutions to any problems. This is why you and your spouse must insist on resolving your problems through godly means, as you may end up increasing and worsening your problems when you go outside the boundaries of God’s Word.
Most couples often run away or even dissolve their marriages when they encounter problems. Morally and ethically, it is wrong to avoid a battle that you must fight, and marital problems are one such battle. Some of these problems may arise just at the beginning of your union. Some may be in the middle of it, while others may be at an old age.
Problems are inevitable in marriage. Nevertheless, a wise person prepares for them. Do not run away from problems. With God’s Word, you can confront and conquer the serpent in the garden of your marriage victoriously. When you underestimate the strength of your enemies’ attempts to destroy your marriage, you put your marriage at risk. In marriage, the forces of good and evil are always involved. The devil can enter your marriage with the sole desire to destroy it. Thankfully, God is ready to help you succeed in your marriage.
Related books in this post
Truly, marital life may not always be a honeymoon fiesta, but with God, you can be sure of nothing but success. Only if you seek God’s face concerning your marriage will his power and grace become profitable to you. May your marriage never fall because of Satan’s attacks, in the name of Jesus.
“28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 31And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day”Genesis 1:28, 31
Steps you can take to Fight for your Marriage
- Re-examine yourself, your relationship with God and man.
- Identify your personal faults and weaknesses in your marriage.
- Repent of your mistakes, confess and forsake them.
- If you come from a family where separation is common, repent on behalf of your ancestors and ask for God’s forgiveness.
- Take the initiative to reconcile with your partner. Pay the price of love and unity.
- Swallow your pride, say sorry where you need to do so.
- Pray for your partner earnestly.
- Enter into prayers for restoration of your home.
Prayers to Prevent Separation of Couples
- Father Lord, empower me to keep my marriage at all cost, in the name of Jesus.
- Angels of the living God, disconnect any evil relationship that exists in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose my marriage from the hands of evil designers, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, flow into my life and command peace into my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, create a wall of fire around my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I cast out every enemy of divine love in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of separation that was fired at my marriage, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower my marriage for marital breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, cause Your love to dwell in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, make my relationship with my life partner better, in the name of Jesus.