Prayer is a way of communicating with God and expressing our needs and desires. It is a way of involving God in our lives and asking for His help and guidance. Through prayer, we can ask God to meet our daily needs, protect us from temptations, and deliver us from evil. It also allows us to ask for forgiveness and seek justification. In addition, we can ask for divine assistance and protection from our enemies. Prayer also allows for fellowship with God.
“And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed”(Mark 1:35).
Believers can gather together to minister to God in prayer and fellowship.
Related books in this post
“And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering. And behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease, which he should accomplish at Jerusalem. But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him. And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said. While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, this is my beloved Son: hear him”(Luke 9:28-35).
Prayer can involve offering oneself to God in consecration and complete submission. It is about surrendering one’s own will and desires to God’s will. It’s about sharing one’s own feelings with God, but being willing to let go of those feelings in favor of God’s will. It involves expressing one’s own wants, but being willing to relinquish those wants if they are not in alignment with God’s will. When praying, it’s important to maintain a consistent attitude of submission and humility, instead of deviating or surrendering to the devil.
“Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, my soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words”(Matthew 26:36-44).
It is offering yourself as a living sacrifice and presenting yourself without reservation to God, praying that his perfect will be done in your life even under pains. It is to present yourself holy in conformity to the word of God and being transformed by the renewing of your mind so as to prove what the good, acceptable and perfect will of God is. It is offering a sacrifice of praise to God giving thanks to God with our lips,
“By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name”(Hebrews 13:15).
This world is a battlefield and before every believer, a great struggle lies ahead. Jesus in Gethsemane battled, wrestled in prayer all the whole night. It was a great fight, warfare against Satan and all his agents but Christ prevailed.
Related books in this post
Prayers to Prevail in Life
- Every conscious and conscious of uncompromising problem in my life, be wasted by divine decree.
- I decree for the release of Holy angels into the dark rooms and storehouse of the strongman of my destiny.
- Without negotiation, oh Lord, pull down every evil structure working against my peace and joy.
- Any evil investment standing against my breakthroughs, catch fire, burn to ashes by force, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, rain Your anger against the gatherings of evil man in evil kingdom.
- The action of violence, mass destruction that no one has recorded against evil kingdom, I decree by force, appear and waste every evil kingdom.
- Let the angel of death arise by the decree of God and visit every evil kingdom working against my life.
- I decree for the release of destructive utterances from the third heaven against the existence of impossibilities and limitations in my life.
- By the decree of God, I walk to the level that the enemy has vowed that I can never get to.
- You my eagle, I decree by God’s power, fly above every other contesting eagle.