As a true Christian, you must insist on getting married in the right way and with the right person. You must remain prayerful and watchful during courtship. Do not enter into marriage because you want to solve a present problem or change your present environment and escape a perceived bondage. If that is your basic reason for getting married, then eventually you will discover a new set of problems, which may be worse than the ones you were avoiding.
Again, do not marry because of pressure from yourself or others. Sex and intimate physical pleasures or gratification should not also be the purpose for which you want to marry. You need to encounter God’s love bestowed on your heart and the heart of your partner. Do not also marry because of a temporary need or attraction. These things are limited.
Related books in this post
Determine to honor God’s purpose in your life with eternity in mind, and let the Holy Spirit guide you. The right partner for you will go to any length to marry you when you show your determination to do God’s will, which He has revealed to you. They may disagree with you or abandon you for a while, but God has a way of bringing him or her back to you when He sees your sincerity in doing His will and your determination to fulfill His purpose for your life.
Let your decision be based on your findings as led by the Holy Spirit. You must be prepared to abandon popular worldviews about getting married and look through the eyes of the Spirit. You may listen to a prophecy or an elder’s counsel, but you have to prove and test them. The Spirit is able to provide the leadership that you need.
Related books in this post
In addition, many false prophets have deceived many people with their wrong teachings concerning marriage. As a result, scrutinize every prophecy by the Spirit of God that is in you so that you do not fall prey to false prophecy. Your decision is the one that matters, and as such, you need to utilize the time of your courtship wisely since it is the only time to study and get to know each other. While doing this, make sure that you and your partner are spiritually compatible.
From the time of courtship to the wedding day, do everything to the glory of God and the edification of all believers. When you trust God in faith, He will answer your prayers and give you the best.
- Any evil power that is standing between my life partner and I, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, reveal to me all that I need to know during this courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- Let darkness in my courtship be exposed by divine light, in the name of Jesus.
- I disgrace any power that wants me to offend my God during this courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive power to honor God during my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, empower me for a godly marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil plantation that exists in my courtship, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the fire of God burn every problem that has risen in my courtship, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help my partner and I to understand ourselves to Your glory, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and take charge over my courtship, in the name of Jesus.