Anyone who is not born-again is bound to be at the mercy of evil habits or characters. It is probable that such persons’ understanding remains darkened, and their hearts deceitful and desperately wicked.
“Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart”
When you give your life to Christ, old things are passed away and all things are become new. As a result, your old man is taken away and gives way to a new man; like a new wine skin.
Related books in this post
New vs Old
What happens when the old man resurfaces? The new man cannot take his rightful position in your life. With your old man comes baggage filled with things that do not recognize you as a child of God. A good example is the company you keep; “show me your friend and I’ll tell you who you are is a quote that buttresses the point that evil communication corrupts good manners. The heart and mind of an unbeliever are homes to all manner of bad characters and are desperate to do evil because his conscience is deceitful and defiled. And by association, your heart and mind continues to breed unpleasant things.
You must put on a new spiritual lifestyle and enter into new relationship with the people of God. There are no more barriers, whether racial, cultural or social. There is no more discrimination, of slave or freeborn, educated or illiterate. You can go to God just the same way your pastor goes to God and gets whatever he prays from God.
As a child of God, submitting yourself to the spirit of God and daily embodying the characters of your new man in Christ is a key factor in overcoming evil habits.
“Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone”Ephesians 2:19-20
What you don’t see
When you fail to recognize and assume your rights and authority as a new man of the spirit, you would remain at the mercy of the flesh (old man). You continue to wear your old apparel. As a Christian, you must put off the old garments of sin and flesh.
Evil habits are like the plant called “Venus flytrap.” It attracts you with a scent or its seeming harmlessness and once you give in, they clasp you and that’s it, you’re taken hostage! If you continue to indulge these evil habits, it is only a matter of time before you find out that you no longer have control over yourself.
You can get your healing, break the yokes of bad habits and enjoy a new life of righteousness and abundance in Christ. You can stop any satanic move by a wave of hand of prayer and every knee must bow as you mention the name of Christ in faith. Refuse to be a victim of your own habits! Get up and fight!
Prayers to overcome an evil habit
- I break and loose myself from every evil character, in the name of Jesus.
- I command evil identity in my life to catch fire and burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy spiritual apparel of bad character on my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I withdraw my life from any evil group that I involved myself, in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of bad habit in my life, break, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, clothe me with Your spiritual apparel of righteousness, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil lifestyle that has arrested me, release me by force, in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from evil desires and thoughts, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the presence of sin in my life to be uprooted from its root, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the deeds of the old man in my life to die, in the name of Jesus.